Low maintenance setup

So maybe some of you have seen my dungeon space already in my grow diaries. I'm considering another 600w light to grow 4 more plants under. The area is not very easy to access so I don't want to be climbing around to get to it so often.

That means maybe only weekly watering and prefer no mixing of nutes. I'm OK with bunnings soil and know that's not ideal.

So far I'm thinking 20L hempys with hydroton in the res and the soil up top. I figure the soil retains the water well and contains most of what the plant needs in terms of nutes. The hempy res I might make a bit taller, up from 2 inches to 3 inches so it holds more water and wicks it up into the soil.

Hopefully weekly watering is all I need.

I've looked at canna tera soil. Does that contain all I need or do I need to buy soil nutes?

I realise with the setup I won't get the same yeild as I'm currently getting with my coco hempies.

Not keen on buying additional pipes and feeders so prefer hand watering to start with where at the same time I'll tend to the plants (defol, lst etc..)

Any thoughts on how I could make this setup easier for myself?

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I can recommend Debco Organic soil from Bunnings and 25% pearlite as a stable medium

I found Canna Terra needs a wetting agent.

I use biodiesel nutes, again very easy [emoji106]

I'm usually a hydro guy but do my breeding in soil, I've never used bluemats but probably good option for you [emoji110]

Cheers Pug. The soil recommendation is useful.

I can recommend Debco Organic soil from Bunnings and 25% pearlite as a stable medium

I found Canna Terra needs a wetting agent.

I use biodiesel nutes, again very easy [emoji106]

I'm usually a hydro guy but do my breeding in soil, I've never used bluemats but probably good option for you [emoji110]

Blunats yeha and i found striking clones in soil is much easier 100% clonex and dip in fresh aloe, and breeding too with soil, cause you can move and look at easier..