Humidity question

Need some advice. My first grow in 80x80x160cm 2x quantum boards 240w

My seedlings are about 2 weeks old and they seem to grow very slow. My temperature in tent is around 26-30c but my humidity is very low at around 29-30%

Since the exhaust opening in tent was 6" I got 6" fan that seems to be too powerfull for the tent size.i run it 30min every hour.

How important is too keep humidity around 60% for seedlings? Would that explain slow growth?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Humidity around 30 shouldn't slow it down that bad. Sometimes the first couple of weeks can seem painfully slow as less green material means slower growth. Maybe through up a pic so we can see what you're working with.

That's them 10-14 days old.some germinated much faster then the others.

What's the go with foilage misting? Should I be doing it? There seems to be some conflicting information about that

Maybe aloe vera and water mix once a day?

Would that be wise?

Thankspost-65007-155666270351_thumb.jpeg

That's them 10-14 days old.some germinated much faster then the others.

What's the go with foilage misting? Should I be doing it? There seems to be some conflicting information about that

Maybe aloe vera and water mix once a day?

Would that be wise?

Thanksattachicon.gif20190430_204747.jpeg

g'day spider11 :)

just a couple of questions and suggestions ... if that's okay. :)

it might be worth getting a couple of cheapo pots and putting your plastic cups inside them - this will help root growth, as roots do not like light. also ... could you let us know what you are growing in .. is it soil and if so ... what is the mix? also ... how many holes do the plastic cups have in the bottom - do they allow water to go through quickly or slowly? sorry ... also how far are your lights from the top of the pots, as that is a lot of light for little sprouts. at the moment i have two seedlings under 13w of led light and that's just enough at this stage (16 days from popping).

lastly ... what are you thinking of transplanting into - the medium and size of pot. when your seedlings get a little bigger ... you could transplant them into fabric pots pretty quickly - they will like it heaps more.

there really is no need to foliar spray at this stage ... when they get to about 4-5 nodes, you could give them a neem/aloe/potassium silicate foliar spray for pest management, if you want to head down that road. :)

hope it helps mate ...

Edited by pug1010

g'day spider11 :)

just a couple of questions and suggestions ... if that's okay. :)

it might be worth getting a couple of cheapo pots and putting your plastic cups inside them - this will help root growth, as roots do not like light. also ... could you let us know what you are growing in .. is it soil and if so ... what is the mix? also ... how many holes do the plastic cups have in the bottom - do they allow water to go through quickly or slowly? sorry ... also how far are your lights from the top of the pots, as that is a lot of light for little sprouts. at the moment i have two seedlings under 13w of led light and that's just enough at this stage (16 days from popping).

lastly ... what are you thinking of transplanting into - the medium and size of pot. when your seedlings get a little bigger ... you could transplant them into fabric pots pretty quickly - they will like it heaps more.

there really is no need to foliar spray at this stage ... when they get to about 4-5 nodes, you could give them a neem/aloe/potassium silicate foliar spray for pest management, if you want to head down that road. :)

hope it helps mate ...

Hey man tx for taking the time to help me out.

I'm doing 3 plants in Coco perlite mix using canna Coco a b and also doing soil mix for couple of plants. Potting mix mushroom compost normal compost that I make in my backyard and perlite.

Once my soil is exhausted im thinking of using powerfeed and seasol

I thought I would do Coco and soil at the same time just to see which one I am more comfortable with for my next grow.

My lights are dimmable but I did have them running strong around 170w at 50cm distance. I did turned them down just now as you suggested that I don't need that much power so early.

As you can see in the photo root s are showing up all around the cup. Do you think it's the time to transplant I'm my final pot???

Final pot will be fabric 3 gallon pot.

I do have like 20-30 aloe vera plants in my wife's garden that I'm eager to chop down and feed my babies with but unsure of the gel ratio to water or should I forget about aloe vera untill I get to flowering?

Thanks againpost-65007-155676418728_thumb.jpegpost-65007-155676419713_thumb.jpeg