Distance for600 HPS off canopy

Hi crew

If you can control the heat of HPS (I have a 250 isomax extraction fan and 2 fans going with cool air coming from low) how far should you put a 600 hps from the canopy ?

Like is it better to have it still 60-80cm from the scrogged colas or is it better to have them 20cms ? I have had them within that 300mm and had no burnt buds or leaves surprisingly but haven’t really noticed a huge difference like harder nuggets yet . I think if I keep it raised like I used to before I got the isomax then it spreads the light further across the canopy so keeping it about 40- 50cm away at the moment

Just wondering if there was a preferred height or not

Also I have a Durban poison still have a few weeks to go but all the buds are really fluffy - they’ve been under 600hps the entire time , maybe I’m just getting to excited to harvest early ... I’ve never waited for Amber triches before I usually leave them at milky - and I’ve had issues with mites and bud rot on last 2 grows so harvested to limit any losses ... though I’ve heard if u wait the last few weeks can really Dense up the buds is it that noticeable ?

Also, the buds in the bright bits are normally heaps denser than those on the outskirts, buds like bright light.

thanks coops! Good chart

Yep ur right midlife I’m gonna get one - how often do u replace bulbs ? I’ve done 3 grows with the same ones about time to replace ?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

thanks coops! Good chart

Yep ur right midlife I’m gonna get one - how often do u replace bulbs ? I’ve done 3 grows with the same ones about time to replace ?

I had a cheap growlush which lasted about 2 grows and the gavita already for about 6 or so. But I use a mix of mh for veg and hps for flower. Love how they thrive under the mh during veg. We'll worth getting a mh if you don't already. I change to the hps about 2 weeks after flip to 12/12. They reckon it helps with reducing the stretch