When dyu count your day 1 from?

FFS here we go again :doh:

lol didn't mean to start a debate.

Some interesting info and points though.

Thanks for all input.

I was actually gonna ask the veg question...

Is there a general point agreed when that starts? Vague I know but I mean as in I suppose when seedling stage over?

First full 5 leaves?

Nodes?

Cheers

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

lol didn't mean to start a debate.

Some interesting info and points though.

Thanks for all input.

I was actually gonna ask the veg question...

Is there a general point agreed when that starts? Vague I know but I mean as in I suppose when seedling stage over?

First full 5 leaves?

Nodes?

Cheers

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

good question mate ... and sorry ... that was me going off in another direction.:)

i'm also interested in other growers opinions on when the seedling stage stops and when veg begins - indoors this could be related to size of plant (6-8 nodes) or when people first top, it could also be related to when growers put their lights down to a set height and power setting and could also be related to when a plant gets its first neem spray - if a notiller.:)

as to the flowering time ... reckon from now on, i'm going to do both flowering calculations (if i'm honest with myself ... reckon i've probably been doing this in the back of my head anyway) ... that is ... will take a note of when i flip to 13/11 and also when i first see buds/flowers. might ask a few people what they reckon bud formation looks like to get a rough agreement ... if you're okay with that Newbudgrower - or can start a new thread ... either way, all good. :)

Nah that wasn't at you

It's hard enough with the breeder underestimating flower times ,, ,,but counting from switch

Throws timing out ,,and then you've got the differing times of transition that it takes for different strains,

And that will throw the timing out further,

So to me it's far more simple to count flowering time when it's actually in flower.

Brings it closer to what the breeder says.

You can be a DC and complicate it and count flower time when there are no flowers but what for ?

We are precise when talking about PH arnt we ? Or is it ok to to state last weeks PH as today's ?

To say you count from switch is entirely different to how long it's been in flower and pugs question had the words "flowering time,"

• Upvote 1

Well as you know, to me the flowering stage starts with the first day of 12 hours of darkness, which triggers the plant to start the process

as to pugs question who knows what the exact day is, fucked if i do, neither does he, it will start another round of answers 

12/12 is the only date everybody could agree on, anything else is guess work 

the stretch is part of the flowering process, all you need to know is how many weeks from flip, the exact day it flowers is immaterial, its how long it takes to finish on 12/12 

as ya said breeders give any old time out, why even bother going by them, Ace give their times at the middle point of flip and flowers, i go from 12/12 so does everyone i know

i normally run cuttings(used to), they're all the same, count from flip the first time and its the same amount of time every time

it makes know difference anyway, they still get pulled way to early by most, don't seem to matter what trics, say if its still pumping out white hairs it ain't ready lol

patience is a virtue, but not for many it seems lol