When dyu count your day 1 from?

To my thinking you can count weeks but she's ready when she's done.

Some say 8weeks and count from the day of flipping 12/12 but if she hasn't browned off at least once she'll taste young, for some strains that could be 10 weeks.

This is partially why I go to the 3rd browning. So that's usually around the 12-13wk mark, but have had one grow not go through the 3rd brown off till the 14th week.

So yea, 'she's ready when she's done.' and that's not defined by weeks.

Merl1n

it would be good, if there was an agreement of when the seedling stage ended/veg began and also when the flowering stage started ... i reckon though that it all depends on a growers situation, in particular height and time constraints. these two factors have had the biggest influence on how i count Flowering.

i like to keep a record as it helps to work out what variables make the plant finish quicker (when needed). i would like to be in a situation where that didn't matter and i could enjoy the plant finishing when she wanted to ... but unfortunately, that probably isn't going to happen anytime soon for me. i've done flowering times based on both changing the light schedule (starting flowering with 12/12 and 13/11) and also when buds are starting to form - for my own records with the same strain.

the flower timing really depended on my situation at a certain time ... if i had to reduce overall growing time, then i would veg shorter and then record the Flowering start as the actual light change date. when then comparing a change in variable (like using a cmh315w light, topping, manifolding or defoliating), i would use the same flower timing calculation.

my preference is always to let the plant follow it's schedule, so prefer to measure from when first buds are forming - unfortunately, i don't often get the chance to do this, so have found that most times it is based on a change in light times.

so far from personal observations with my own grows ... i've found that two things seem to speed up flowering for me - a cmh315w light and also using powdered malted barley (in a soil grow).

when reading grow diaries … i appreciate when someone makes it clear how they calculated their flower time … that way i can adjust as required. :) and although it's probably never going to happen ... would like it if seed companies used a standard setup to measure their flowering times ... in particular for indoor flowering times, if they stated the light they used and also when/how they calculated Flowering from - bud formation or light change. i'll definitely check out 'sweet seeds', as i like that they make it clear how they work out flowering times ... nice one. :)

Edited by pug1010

The only date i write down is the day the seeds go in 

and yes DC's its from flipping the lights to 12/12 for inside, outside its late Jan, early Feb, or March, depends on the strain and location , pull them when there ready 

unless you are growing cuttings its all pretty useless, just pull them when they are ready, no two seeds are the same  

Edited by pedro de pacas