When dyu count your day 1 from?

good question newbudgrower ... for me, same as SE and Ozzy.

for my records (love the captain logs ... feels a bit like Jean-Luc Picard) ... i like to also record the germination process as well - when a seed was first put in water, (temp and humidity) how long in water (and for me ... what was added to water eg 1% fulvic) and then how long to come out of the peat pellet (and notes on any myco added) ... when the seed breaks the surface of the peat pellet ... Day 1 of the seedling stage starts for me.

another interesting question on a similar topic and one that might impact your calculations ... is when do you start counting the Flowering stage?

some go with the first sight of pistils, some with a light change (eg 12/12) and i'm buggered if i know what seed companies go by on their estimates.:)

Some like to count from 12/12 but it makes no sense to in my eyes as the plant isn't flowering till it's got flowers forming.

Then compare that with outside plants ,,no switch done outdoors so if outdoors is in flower from the onset of flowers

it makes simple logic that indoors is the same.

Not talking about the first pistles at the nodes ,,they are just the plant showing it's sex.

"Sweet seeds "count from onset of buds/ flowers,,,

• Upvote 1

Some like to count from 12/12 but it makes no sense to in my eyes as the plant isn't flowering till it's got flowers forming.

Then compare that with outside plants ,,no switch done outdoors so if outdoors is in flower from the onset of flowers

it makes simple logic that indoors is the same.

Not talking about the first pistles at the nodes ,,they are just the plant showing it's sex.

"Sweet seeds "count from onset of buds/ flowers,,,

As said in my grow diary SE which you commented on, I count from 12/12 because I control that and its a set clear milestone from which I can count from until harvest. I know you have a different view but that's OK :)

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

As said in my grow diary SE which you commented on, I count from 12/12 because I control that and its a set clear milestone from which I can count from until harvest. I know you have a different view but that's OK :)

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app[/quote

A set clear milestone by who ?

As for my view ,,well like I said it's simple logic ,,,,,you don't have to use it ,,that's ok with me too.

But it confuses many,,,,heaps of times newbies thinking the plant is ready cos they counted at the switch,,

The breeder said eight weeks and the switch was eight weeks ago why isn't my plant even near ready they ask.

That's cos they saw people count from switch ,,,,from people such as yourself . ,,,

That confuses a simple issue .

And it is simple!

And there needs to be some uniformity to the way we approach this ...and I'm more than happy to go with what the breeders do,

Still,,it's a guide only ,,

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app[/quote

A set clear milestone by who ?

As for my view ,,well like I said it's simple logic ,,,,,you don't have to use it ,,that's ok with me too.

But it confuses many,,,,heaps of times newbies thinking the plant is ready cos they counted at the switch,,

The breeder said eight weeks and the switch was eight weeks ago why isn't my plant even near ready they ask.

That's cos they saw people count from switch ,,,,from people such as yourself . ,,,

That confuses a simple issue .

And it is simple!

And there needs to be some uniformity to the way we approach this ...and I'm more than happy to go with what the breeders do,

Still,,it's a guide only ,,

We can agree to disagree. I know from the day I switch it will be X weeks until harvest for that particular strain. I plan using that. I grow indoors.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app