The Growers Choice of Medium Indoor and a thankyou too all :)

Interesting Ozzy. Do you ever check your runoff ppms and ph? Do you always feed with nutes or sometimes give them a feed with phed water?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

No just fed nutes, canna coco is pretty much mix and for get, let it sit an hour and it buffers the PH to what it needs be.

No i dont test the run off as i get very little to none, i have got it to a point i just give them what they need and they use up most of what i give them, i not overloading the medium with salts build up because the plants are using it up, one of the issues with over watering with coco it can have salt build up and being to wet it can cause root rot as well and that is where a lot of issues start.

The only time they get fed strait water is when it is close to harvest time, just water for min 10days out from harvest and i dont even set the PH just strait from the tap.

It took me a few runs before i worked it out but once i did and had it nailed down there where big fat sticky buds every where...

No just fed nutes, canna coco is pretty much mix and for get, let it sit an hour and it buffers the PH to what it needs be.

No i dont test the run off as i get very little to none, i have got it to a point i just give them what they need and they use up most of what i give them, i not overloading the medium with salts build up because the plants are using it up, one of the issues with over watering with coco it can have salt build up and being to wet it can cause root rot as well and that is where a lot of issues start.

The only time they get fed strait water is when it is close to harvest time, just water for min 10days out from harvest and i dont even set the PH just strait from the tap.

It took me a few runs before i worked it out but once i did and had it nailed down there where big fat sticky buds every where...

Awesome mate I might try that - I have the Canna Coco A and B and of course they sold me the whole range (boost, zyme, pk , rhizo )

I know rhizo has its place I use it starting seedlings at a 1/4 dose and in transplant but up until this run I’ve never used the boost etc ...

Do u use any of those ? Pk I presume u do ?

I still can't decide between coco and coco/perlite, probably leaning more towards coco perlite because it makes it a little cheaper and I can get decent chunky perlite locally so no shipping like the coco. Once I get the roots are established I try not to let the coco get less than 50-60% moisture. In my setup thats flood 3 times a day lights on. I've found since I switched to canna bricks I don't have the gnat issue that I did with bags. I think the bags get filled with larvae. The bricks can't. Canna nutes are good. Not cheap though if you run the full line.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I still can't decide between coco and coco/perlite, probably leaning more towards coco perlite because it makes it a little cheaper and I can get decent chunky perlite locally so no shipping like the coco. Once I get the roots are established I try not to let the coco get less than 50-60% moisture. In my setup thats flood 3 times a day lights on. I've found since I switched to canna bricks I don't have the gnat issue that I did with bags. I think the bags get filled with larvae. The bricks can't. Canna nutes are good. Not cheap though if you run the full line.

By flood do you mean it flows back to the reservoir ? If u don’t mind expanding on ya setup a little bit .... also I know you got the HLG 550 from previous posts and ya grow diary I follow but wondering if you built your own or bought it complete ?

By flood do you mean it flows back to the reservoir ? If u don’t mind expanding on ya setup a little bit .... also I know you got the HLG 550 from previous posts and ya grow diary I follow but wondering if you built your own or bought it complete ?

Just floods the table from the reservoir underneath for 15 mins then when the pump turns off it drains back into the res. Does that 3 times a day lights on.

• Upvote 1