Flying insects

I read somewhere that neem is absorbed by the plant when either foliar or root fed, but is gone from the plant within 2 weeks (hence why reapplication is needed to disrupt most pests lifecycle) and so using neem during flowering was fine up to final 2 weeks including flush.

Can anyone clarify?

neem oil breaks down really quickly under uv ... a few hours usually ... that's why it's always good to spray during lights out. it gets absorbed very quickly through the leaves and branches during foliar spraying. usually during veg, a neem/aloe vera/potassium silicate (or soap nut) is sprayed on the leaves every 7-10 days and is stopped about two weeks into flower. i'm not sure how long it actually stays in the plant, but it usually takes about 3 sprays (3 weeks) to actually disrupt the bug life cycle, at the ratio (per litre of water) of neem oil 4ml, potassium silicate 1.3ml and aloe vera powder (200x1) 0.4ml. Foliar spray during flower (for me ... once pistils can be seen) is always controversial ... personally I haven't and wouldn't do it ... however, one fella (very experienced grower) who has been doing notill for over 20 years, swears by it in a perpetual farm ...

_____

I too run a perpetual flower room. I made the mistake of telling myself that I couldn't spray because I was certainly going to ruin my flowers - boy was that a mistake. Big mistake - I paid the price.

Through trial and error I discovered that I could safely spray a neem oil solution on my flowering plants at the rate of a measured half teaspoon per gallon up to 3-4 weeks from harvest with no fear of neem taste/smell on the finished product. These days I simply keep the farthest along plants on one side of the room and just stop spraying when I'm 3-4 weeks from harvest.

Neither me or anyone I give my buds to has ever voiced a complaint. You certainly just can't stop spraying in a perpetual garden.

I learned the hard way. I haven't seen a single mite in a very long time and I only use a half teaspoon of Ahimsa neem oil and powdered silica in my big red sprayer once a week.

jerry

______

neem root drenching is not so clear either ... some swear by it and some are strongly against. i try to avoid watering any essential oil on my soil, but have never had any hassle with the dripping from sprayed leaves.

Edited by pug1010

X2 DWC WHITE WIDOWS

Leaf damage in first pick ,I've picked lots off.attachicon.gif20190426_183908.jpegattachicon.gif20190426_185732.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

can't really see the damage clearly kyzah ... i see a curling top leaf and i think a few rust coloured spots.

do you have any of these problems in your other tent that uses HIDs?

maybe someone with more LED experience and/or a hydro grower could comment about light burn, nutrients or deficiencies.

sorry mate ... not sure about the leaf.

When I was in soil I had a bad gnat problem. An instant but pretty drastic solution was using a strong mix of h2o2 and water. Pour over the top layer of soil and then watch them fry infront of your eyes. No need to reapply after that. Problem solved. Guess not so good if you're doing organic.

When I was in soil I had a bad gnat problem. An instant but pretty drastic solution was using a strong mix of h2o2 and water. Pour over the top layer of soil and then watch them fry infront of your eyes. No need to reapply after that. Problem solved. Guess not so good if you're doing organic.

Thanks for that info MLG that might be what I have to do ,I've drenched them in eco oil .what rate did you mix the peroxide at bud?

can't really see the damage clearly kyzah ... i see a curling top leaf and i think a few rust coloured spots.

do you have any of these problems in your other tent that uses HIDs?

maybe someone with more LED experience and/or a hydro grower could comment about light burn, nutrients or deficiencies.

sorry mate ... not sure about the leaf.

No problems with the critical mass in the other tent ,it has very good extraction, I think this is were my problems stem from poor air flow and high heat in the ww tent .

Thanks for that info MLG that might be what I have to do ,I've drenched them in eco oil .what rate did you mix the peroxide at bud?

To be honest I don't remember. You could Google it up. It's not a drench so can be at more concentrated levels. I put it in a spray bottle and saturated the top 1cm or so of soil with it. The byproduct is just more oxygen getting into your medium. A good thing.