Flying insects

hey kyzah

could be fungus gnats from picture two. they usually come out in numbers, if the soil (in my case) is a bit wet or overwatered.

what medium are you growing in mate?

when i bring in a pot (soil) from outside into the tent, i usually get all sorts of insects flying around. most are fungus gnats and they seem to die off pretty quickly - usually after a plant starts to grow and starts to use the water in the pots ... and is also sprayed with neem a few times, they all but disappear. the yellow sticky traps are great for this.

you actually have heaps less than i would normally have on my sticky trap  - it is usually covered after three weeks.

also ... i haven't experienced the brown spots from fungus gnats ... so i could be way off base or it could be a combination of issues (like Kloud9 mentioned).

would also help if you could show the bottom side of the leaf and also a picture of your plants - also ... is it only on bottom fan leaves and how old are your plants?

The pictures above is my main grow ,5x5 critical mass ,the ones in question is my little tent ,,3 white widow ,,I sprayed them with neem just before flip as they were looking a bit off ,,I'm defently not foliar feeding them,I stopped giving them cal mag second week of flower as I find they don't seem to need it with the bloom nutes,maybe this is my problem also?

I'll have a dig around in the coco tonight and see if I can find these maggots.

Cheers cooper

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

like cooper, i think coco could be the problem too ... but don't rule out your dwc system. if possible, try to lift up the lid and see if any fungus gnats (sciarid flies) come out ... otherwise have a look at your net pots and see if any larvae are crawling around. you don't seem to have that many of them, so reckon you should be able to control them.

btw ... nice plants. :)

Edited by pug1010

Coco's the problem IMO. I'd never seen a scarid fly, untill coco entered the scene. I recon it's got eggs in it, sometimes.

You're spot on mate ,,had a dig in the coco it's infested with the little pricks,I've neem sprayed all my early flower stuff and have them drying under a fan before I re introduce them to the lights.

like cooper, i think coco could be the problem too ... but don't rule out your dwc system. if possible, try to lift up the lid and see if any fungus gnats (sciarid flies) come out ... otherwise have a look at your net pots and see if any larvae are crawling around. you don't seem to have that many of them, so reckon you should be able to control them.

btw ... nice plants. :)

Spot on dude cheers !