Please support our 2020 survey of cannabis growing at worldwideweed.nl

hi mjbarratt ... i hope this is the right place to post feedback. :)

Firstly ... thanks for a such a comprehensive survey ... really appreciate your effort. please find below some comments/suggestions ... i hope they help. :)

____

Qu 14 (i think the second option for Qu3 in the Optional MODULE - Growing Methods provides a fair few more options) … i'm not sure how much detail is needed for this section, but this question could perhaps either be divided into a couple more questions or more answer options provided, as fertilisers, supplements/amendments and/or insecticides are quite diverse. eg. some organic fertilisers could be for hydro use and some could be for soil (crab meal/kelp meal) or even cover crops/mulch.

Qu17. usable dried cannabis 'yield' measurements could also depend on use … some growers only grow for flower, whilst others might only grow for hash … and some might do both. :)

Suggested additional question …

Q27B? have you used any of these drugs with cannabis?

If so, did you consume cannabis first or after taking another drug?

Optional MODULE - Growing methods

Qu 1 … perhaps NoTill could be included in the options :)

Qu 4 … perhaps cmh (ceramic metal halide) / LEC (light emitting ceramic) could be included in the options

Qu 10 … we just had an interesting discussion about this one … it might be a difficult one to pin down 'flower time' as some growers measure flowering time from when they change light schedules (normally 12/12) and some from initial bud formation ... and some might not measure at all. The second option of total days ... might be an easier one to gather data.

sorry if i've repeated anything that is covered somewhere else in the survey and also if anything seems picky - i thought more detail might be better as you can always discard it, if irrelevant. :)

thanks again and best wishes

Thanks a lot for the feedback - yes this is exactly what would be helpful. Details are great.

All feedback from all the global researchers (asking their contacts across the world) will be combined into one and discussed in a couple of weeks.

Still some time for more feedback if any of you are interested in doing something like what pug1010 as done above!

Cheers

Monica

Apologies Monica, I've not been well and this completely slipped my mind (along with most other things lol )

Of the notes I took

11a: Illegal but mostly only ticketing offence: Depending on plant numbers and growing method ie more than 1plant and any 'enhanced' methods (Lights/High nutrient fluids) = Court appearance

23. Oils

31a and 31b Same question?

Optional Module

Growing for medical purposes

2. Cure? or symptom treatment

11. No question 11 found.

Sorry for the shorthand answers but as I say 'Of the notes I took...' this is it.

• Upvote 1

Thank you both.

I guess the follow up question - more broadly - is: Do you think there's been any major changes in growing techniques or growing practices since the last survey in 2012? Are there things people are doing differently? We are aware of some of the policy changes globally (and to some extent in Australia - e.g. the changes in how we discuss medical cannabis) but I don't have my head around cultivation changes in that time.

Which this survey should help us find out more about with - through the modules on growing patterns!

Thank you both.

I guess the follow up question - more broadly - is: Do you think there's been any major changes in growing techniques or growing practices since the last survey in 2012? Are there things people are doing differently? We are aware of some of the policy changes globally (and to some extent in Australia - e.g. the changes in how we discuss medical cannabis) but I don't have my head around cultivation changes in that time.

Which this survey should help us find out more about with - through the modules on growing patterns!

just my opinion

don't know if you'd call it " A " major change or just a constant state of change 

since 2012 i'd say the increasing prevalence of led lighting & a deeper look into old world organic growing 

like the practices of no till , KNF Korean Natural Farming & probiotic soils , there reuse & management 

just my opinion

don't know if you'd call it " A " major change or just a constant state of change 

since 2012 i'd say the increasing prevalence of led lighting & a deeper look into old world organic growing 

like the practices of no till , KNF Korean Natural Farming & probiotic soils , there reuse & management 

+1 for itchy's comments ...

i think since 2012, there also seems to have been a merging of recreational and medicinal use ... many people started as recreational users and unfortunately have started to look at cannabis, also as a medicine ... some partakers have always seen it as serving both functions, however, i think there are more now who look it as both - or at least, not solely as recreational.

also, i reckon there seems to be more positive exposure domestically and internationally of cannabis use as a medicine. there are quite a few new members that  ask straight away about which strain would help their condition - some have never grown before and a few haven't even partaken in the goodness :). i can't remember that happening too many times in the past.

Edited by pug1010
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for your feedback everyone. I'm going to take this thread to the group for the meeting. And in a few months we will be back with a proper online survey version!

Yeah sweet I'm all for filling out the finished version, I find surveys are often overlooked for how much great and often critical information can be collated and even the information of anonymous surveys are incredible insightful (often provoking people to write down their first thoughts that pop into their head or what they really think)

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all of your feedback on this survey earlier this year. The survey is now ready to be piloted online, so if anyone wants to check it out and tell us what you think, we'd really appreciate it. 

Instructions are below:

Go to https://curtin.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_8BodMskjrEouvid?&CountryURL=australia

Please answer questions honestly for yourself, complete the whole survey and remember to press submit at the end.

Please screenshot any problems and make notes about the problem, see below:

For problem items:

1. Question unclear / confusing / difficult to read (if yes, tell us which item and what was unclear/confusing)
  2. Unable to find a response option that fits my experience (if yes, which item and what response options didn't fit for you)
  3. Question made me uncomfortable / suspicious (if yes, which item and in what way)
  4. Other (please specify)

More generally:

1. Was the length of survey ok?
  2. Would you recommend it to your friends/network?

Feel free to post any feedback/screenshots etc to this thread.

Thanks a lot for checking this out and helping make it a better survey for everyone. We look forward to launching it in 2020, where it will be translated into multiple languages and promoted in many other countries!

Cheers

Monica

• Upvote 1

Hey Monica,

Good to hear from you again. I've completed this version of the survey and I did found a couple of minor issues.

1)This question is a little confusing "What kind of medium are the plant roots typically suspended in?" Perlite is my medium, but hydro is my grow method

post-24238-0-54414900-1574429525_thumb.png

2)This question does not have a text box for any other answer. "How do you know which strains you are growing?"

post-24238-0-50600100-1574429730_thumb.png

I've gone back to find a specific question to take a screen shot of it and now can't find it. It asks about drying times, but from my experience the time varies depending on weather conditions and ambient temperatures. I do not have a set number of days for drying but rather 'it dries until the stems snap cleanly', however long that takes.

Another point is that unlike previous surveys, none of the questions are numbered (Helps us stoners if we get lost lol lol lol "Now where was I up to....." lol or maybe that's just me)

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 2

• Oz unpinned this topic