Bud rot near harvest. What to do?

the rotting leaves left on woudlnt of helped

Yep, if you have a suspect single finger (or 3 finger) leaf dying off for no apparent reason, check for mold inside the bud down at the base of the leaf where it joins onto the stem. If any mold is found inside gently remove any affected bud/leaves.

Sorry to hear your season ended this way, RJ.

• Upvote 1

I'd bin it for sure. Have done so on a couple of main colas 2 grows ago. Now I try to top a few times so I don't get one big cola which could easily get bud rot in my environment as its a bit humid. Was laughed at because everyone likes posting pics of big colas but I prefer mine of even size if possible and without mould.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 3

Yep, if you have a suspect single finger (or 3 finger) leaf dying off for no apparent reason, check for mold inside the bud down at the base of the leaf where it joins onto the stem. If any mold is found inside gently remove any affected bud/leaves.

Sorry to hear your season ended this way, RJ.

Cheers Indy

Will be alright dude there’s always indoor season and/ or next year haha lol

Peace and pot ✌️✌️

I'd bin it for sure. Have done so on a couple of main colas 2 grows ago. Now I try to top a few times so I don't get one big cola which could easily get bud rot in my environment as its a bit humid. Was laughed at because everyone likes posting pics of big colas but I prefer mine of even size if possible and without mould.

Yeah mate I only topped this year and ended up with 2 dense colas, last year I ‘Fimmed’ and had 4-6 colas per plant, not as dense as the ones i got from the topping & I didn’t get bud rot last time so maybe I’ll stick to the FIM technique. Cheers

Yeah mate I only topped this year and ended up with 2 dense colas, last year I ‘Fimmed’ and had 4-6 colas per plant, not as dense as the ones i got from the topping & I didn’t get bud rot last time so maybe I’ll stick to the FIM technique. Cheers

Nah.

just grow more plants so it doesn't matter if a few have mold issues. :)

• Upvote 1