Bud rot near harvest. What to do?

Hey all

Harvest in 9 days, just noticed a at the top of a branch that there was some greyish/ brown coloured mushy parts in the middle of a big bud and some small sugar leaves were turning grey as well.

It was only in one part of the bud, and it was near the top of the branch.

I have cut the affected branch half way down and taken it away from my plants.

BUT I have hung up the branch with the mouldy/ rotten bit on a line to dry.

Am I wasting my time trying to dry this branch? Is the mould just going to spread through the rest of it?

There’s no sign of any mould on the plant that had the issue (I have 2) so I plan to just leave it with the other one for the next 9 days for a few more Amber trichs. They are in separate pots.

Opinions?

Edited by RickJames

Opinions... ...OHH FARKKKKK

'Am I wasting my time trying to dry this branch?' That depends just how bad the mould damage is, if its just one section of a crown, you maybe able to chop it out, but if it's the whole crown don't even bother trying to recover any. Simply as Billy states "Bag it and bin it". 

Moulds have spores which float through the air, so having them in seperate pots does not stop the spread. Exposing the mould will release the microscopic spores and could infect the entire grow.

Best of luck with it all

Merl1n

• Upvote 2

Opinions... ...OHH FARKKKKK

'

Am I wasting my time trying to dry this branch?' That depends just how bad the mould damage is, if its just one section of a crown, you maybe able to chop it out, but if it's the whole crown don't even bother trying to recover any. Simply as Billy states "Bag it and bin it".

Moulds have spores which float through the air, so having them in seperate pots does not stop the spread. Exposing the mould will release the microscopic spores and could infect the entire grow.

Best of luck with it all

Merl1n

Yep definitely Ohhh Farrrkk! lol

Not even going to chance it just gunna chuck the mouldy shit.

And keep a very close eye on them. I can’t see any more spots that look like they have any but I know it’s not easy to see what’s going on inside the bud...

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I can't tell you how many times I've harvested early because of bud rot. Keep a very close eye on the rest, normally if there's one bit, more will come.

The mouldy bit is stuffed, chuck it

Thx cooper mate

do not keep the moldy shit. bag it and bin it.

How do you figure it has 9 days left?

Done and done. lol

Good question, I have just been assuming early May harvest, waiting for some more amber trichomes. But about the 9 days part, I am basically guessing mate to be honest

Edited by RickJames

check the rest of it by pulling the buds apart for a look.

I found a another 2 spots, both smaller than a pea.

Should I just harvest now, or wait until it’s dark tonight?

And how should I dry the buds that I have to pull apart (since I can’t hang them on a line if I break them apart to remove mould)

I will be drying and curing properly.

Edited by RickJames

Mate I'd harvest now, before it's all fucked (IMO)

Careful with the drying, mould can spread while drying. Personally, I'd consider drying a bit hotter and dryer than optimal, just to stop the spread. You will loose a bit of quality but al least you will still have buds.

Yeah dude just gunna haveta harvest.

I have an air conditioned room with oscillating fan and will have a dehumidifier by Friday because the Relative humidity is about 67% and I’m after 50%

How would you dry the buds that have to be pulled apart, as I cannot put them on a line ?

Cheers cooper