Being spied on by a drone

Hey all, maybe it’s just some kid playing around with a toy he got for Easter, but I’ve just had this drone thing flying along my fence line and then going higher and higher (like they’re trying to get a better view into my yard where my plants are located. I can see the red dot pointed straight towards me and my yard. This person lives behind me and is using it in his backyard but definitely trying to look into my yard..

Luckily there in pots and I’ve put them out of view.

I only have two small indica about 1.5ft tall each lol. Still a few oz there though.

Should I be concerned, what if they did see them am I gunna have police rock up at my door saying someone has shown them footage or something?

I harvest in 11 days ! Then still got drying and curing to do afterwards

Edited by RickJames

Depending on just where you live Rick, flying a drone within a metropolitian area can be a breach of law.

Some councils have designated areas/parks for drone use. Outside of those areas is a breach of regulations

Flying a drone within the vacinity (30mtrs) of another person is also a breach of CASA rules

If they are filming you they need your expressed permission.

The laws around drones have just been reviewed recently, you might want to go and educate your self (or buy yourself a BB gun lol )

• Upvote 3

Depending on just where you live Rick, flying a drone within a metropolitian area can be a breach of law.

Some councils have designated areas/parks for drone use. Outside of those areas is a breach of regulations

Flying a drone within the vacinity (30mtrs) of another person is also a breach of CASA rules

If they are filming you they need your expressed permission.

The laws around drones have just been reviewed recently, you might want to go and educate your self (or buy yourself a BB gun lol )

Thanks mate I live in NSW guess I just gotta do some research online and see what I can do

Haha might have to McGyver a slingshot out of some things around the house for now lol

Cheers

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by RickJames

I'd shoot down that fucker too, just as a F.U. to the pilot.

Having said that, If I owned a drone I'd fly over the neighbours place, just for fun. If I saw a crop I'd probably try to take a better look. I wouldn't do anything If I did find something, but I'm not everyone.

What else do you do with a drone, other than snoop? I can't see the appeal in owning one, unless you're trying to make a legit business about it.

+1 for what billy said, this is exactly what my mate in the fisheries said (he uses them) If they were cops, you wouldn't know unitl you got a knock on the door.

Like you said It's probably the wankers next door, wheather you have to worry about them or not? You'd know better than us.

EDIT - I wouldn't get the law involved, unless you want legal retaliation. Just swat it out of the air, if you can :)

Thanks dude yeah I agree it wasn’t like they were trying to hide the fact that they were using it. Most likely an Easter present someone was learning to control and was just looking around and just so happened to see two little pot plants and wanted to have a little geez at them lol

So I’m just going to assume that and not stress, definitely wouldn’t involve any law hahaha. Not a fan of these bloody drones etc as I’m a private person and all they’re good for is snooping like you said

if a drone was actually attempting to observe you... you would not see it.. or hear it..

Very true, as soon as I noticed it above my fence a couple times I went outside and then they didn’t use it again after seeing me so hopefully I was just being a bit over paranoid, get very edgy around harvest time haha

used 2 be all we had 2 worry about were hill's hoist and occasional victa in the backyard

now we got bloody drones and blacked out choppa's

the number 3.0.3 is a good deterrent or as previously stated, air rifles if your a good shot

I personally have come unstuck with afore mentioned modes of air travel

but I think in your place u should be ok