• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Massive Bloom
Hy-Gen Humiboosta Blend of Humic and Fulvic Acids

Photo

Wet trimming/ Dry trimming? What do you do after Harvest?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

RickJames

RickJames

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
Hey dudes, Not long until now until I harvest my 2 outdoor granddaddy purp, 2 weeks max left I think.

Last harvest I cut off all fan leaves before hanging branches on the line. Then after a 2 or so weeks of drying, I manicured the buds more carefully removing (and keeping) sugar leaves.

I plan on drying on string lines again just in a spare bedroom that will be kept dark, with a oscillating fan on low aiming underneath the branches and keeping the room at 21°C and aim for 50% humidity.

Then after drying is done I will start curing in jars for a few weeks in the same room, in the dark.
I am curious if the humidity levels of the room matter while curing as they are in sealed jars in an air conditioned room at 21°C

Just wondering what everyone else does and any opinions on what I plan to do?

Cheers

Edited by RickJames, 20 April 2019 - 04:46 PM.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

midlifegardner

midlifegardner

Stoned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 Posts:
To make things easier for me I start to trim off the bigger leaves off the buds a few days before I chop. I don't water for the last 3 or 4 days. Trim the buds off, not the whole plant then wet trim everything. Hang bigger ones on coat hangers off my power rack (lol), and smaller ones on nets. I found for the bigger ones 7 days is good, and smaller 5 days. Into jars then burb morning and night for a few mins keeping a close eye out. You get the feel for things. If there is a jar which feels a bit too moist then ill leave the contents out overnight then back into the jar in the morning. Nothing ground breaking but that's my method.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

cooper

cooper

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Lighting: HPS
  • Fav. Nutrients:Any hydro A+ B kits + Silica.
    I dont use magic additives

I do things as easily as I can, Trim everything as wet and fresh as I can. I hit it really hard because I dont want to go back thorugh it. Terpenes and other nice things are sacraficed a little doing this.

IMO buds always seem nicer if they dry with the bulk of the leaves on, Trimming is a pain at the end, but theres something special going on inside a leaf wrapped bud as its drying, It really seems to slow the drying nicely and presere all of the goodness.

RickJames

RickJames

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 Posts:
Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products
CYCO Platinum Series Hydroponics Nutrients & Additives
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.