Medicinal Pot factory in NSW

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healthmedicine/medical-cannabis-supply-to-reach-new-high-with-first-ever-pot-factory-in-nsw-c-61425?fbclid=IwAR0GT3Zs50PG4Ja6s8xAopmnu09IUQZ-juCFBBxVKDqsHhcFxQ3rbROsWmQ

In a covert, country location - inside what looks like a jail we can show you a closely guarded secret.

A state-of-the-art greenhouse growing small narcotic plants, the first of its kind in NSW, that hold big healing promise.

NSW Minister for Agriculture Adam Marshall says the plants will be available to patients to purchase.

"People whether they're cancer sufferers or suffering epilepsy can actually purchase the plants, or purchase the product and it be the same product and the same properties and composition each and every time," Marshall told 7NEWS Sydney.

2b6be16f5e7852678edff4d3a5646ed2832e7435Minister for Agrigulture Adam Marshall talks about a medical marijuna greenshoue built in northern NSW.Image: 7NEWS

This is medical marijuana, the first ever crop of taxpayer-funded cannabis.

It's for research at this stage - to help understand the best growing techniques, standards and protocols for the sale of the drug for medical treatment down the track.

"(It's) been around forever but it's actually quite suprising how little actual hard research has been done on simple issues of how you cultivate," said Dr Phil Wright.

29c4075f1d2c86eeae7a975df53f888aa6494973Dr Phil Wright speaks to 7NEWS Sydney about the research on medical marijuanaImage: 7NEWS Sydney

Rather than simply hope for good quality for very sick patients - they're researching ways to ensure consistently high quality cannabis.

"Absolutely critical ... we've got the eyes of not only Australia, but a large part of the world, watching what we do here," said Marshall.

Controls over the environment in this greenhouse are very specific - the temperature, humidity, lighting, water and fertiliser levels can all be manipulated and tracked to work out the best conditions, tested on 8 different varieties of cannabis.

"The closest a lot of people have got to these plants is watching them go up in smoke when the police obviously raid facilities and confiscate plants," said Marshall.

44e814d60b73651e1c8f2f8150f5b7f952197e3bA state-of-the-art greenhouse grows marijuna to be used for medical purposesImage: 7NEWS

Leaving nothing to chance, both local police and detectives from the NSW drug squad have been intimately involved with the project and know all the ins-and-outs to protect the factory from be targeted by criminals.

This trial will go for several years. These plants to be used to produce other plants which will go to flower and be harvested for testing later this year.

Who are they testing the product on ?   Hopefully its not just laboratory test tube style testing.  I'm sure we could find plenty of willing volunteers to be guinea pigs for the product.  For MY taxpayer dollar, I will nominate my sick  daughter to be included in this testing, instead of just burning the product following sterile laboratory style tests.  The test should, after all, replicate real life.  

Suits me, I don't want the $ to drop, mind you I'd donate goods to a worthy cause (as I see it).

Aust has the most cock sucking, millionaire supporting, not for the people governemnt of any first world society. We are so protected from "evil" that it makes me sick. Our beurocrats, are inefficient, self serving parasites that have no concern for the wishes or the good of the people and they will continue to support themselves, and the ritch forever. The ave Joe gets enough to keep himself working, no more. Any suplus that the working class experiences is quickly diverted away into the hands of those who have plenty.

Fuck them all, I say. Reject whats been imposed on us as "Right" as it just keeps us in our place. Work on sound morals rather than what's legal. This simple concept has made me happier than I've been in the last 25 years of my slave like existance.

For 25 years I concentrated on doing the right thing by society - go to uni, work hard, look after your employer etc. "It will all come back to you they said". That was bullshit. I had fuck all then and I've recieved fuck all for my 25 years of professional work.

Don't steal, cheat or hurt people. Most importantly don't spend your life working hard to make others wealthy. Other than that do as you please and life will be good.

What a bullshit rant, something lit a fuse. Time to take my meds I think ;)

Well said coop

It’s amazing what u can get away with saying Hello,goodbye please and thankyou with a smile .

Don’t care what my kids do for jobs when they grow up as long as they remember their manners and don’t steal lie or cheat as u said ....

On another note I think the government growing will fuck us even more - probably be like tobacco , they’ll instill harsher penalties and jail time probably since they’d think we are taking there profit and tax income by having a grow . Fuckers

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1