Power bill flagged by energy company?

Hi guys. I want to run a total of 4800 watts. Its not a huge amount but however i am a little concerned as I read an article by country energy south australia that they have the tech to get knowledge of who is grkowing.

I have a smart meter.

Just curious is it too much power and it will be flagged. And secondly can they tell you are doing 18/6hrs or 12/12hrs?

Bloody smart metres.

I have cancer and need my medication.

The shop down here in s.a reckons its fine. Just pay the bill and youll have no issues. But im curious to know if THEY know you are growing.

Cheers coolio.

I cant say about SA but I KNOW that in WA the energy utility can and does monitor specific usages that exhibit non-standard "peaks" in power offtake. For instance, if you suddenly begin using an additional 4.8 K Watts, then this would be noted and reported.

The obvious solution is to get solar power !!! or to very slowly increase your usage so as not to draw attention to a sudden change in demand.

Logic would say don't let your use spike at certain hours. I know through summer by turning off the hot water switch at the fuse box it offsets using an additional small aircon in my sons room. If your worried just see where you can save power to cover the grow. For instance I know a few people who have moved their gas BBQs inside to use instead of the stove.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk