• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics
Hy-Gen Sea Essentials Unique Blend of Sea Plants

Photo

Power bill flagged by energy company?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Daddycoolio

Daddycoolio

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 Posts:
  • Interests:Trying to cure my cancer.
    DAYTONA 500.
    INDYCAR RACING.
    HUMBOLDT COUNTY. U.S.A
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:None
Hi guys. I want to run a total of 4800 watts. Its not a huge amount but however i am a little concerned as I read an article by country energy south australia that they have the tech to get knowledge of who is grkowing.

I have a smart meter.
Just curious is it too much power and it will be flagged. And secondly can they tell you are doing 18/6hrs or 12/12hrs?

Bloody smart metres.
I have cancer and need my medication.

The shop down here in s.a reckons its fine. Just pay the bill and youll have no issues. But im curious to know if THEY know you are growing.

Cheers coolio.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Heliman

Heliman

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: LED

I cant say about SA but I KNOW that in WA the energy utility can and does monitor specific usages that exhibit non-standard "peaks" in power offtake. For instance, if you suddenly begin using an additional 4.8 K Watts, then this would be noted and reported.

The obvious solution is to get solar power !!! or to very slowly increase your usage so as not to draw attention to a sudden change in demand.

AquaDolly

AquaDolly

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1441 Posts:
Logic would say don't let your use spike at certain hours. I know through summer by turning off the hot water switch at the fuse box it offsets using an additional small aircon in my sons room. If your worried just see where you can save power to cover the grow. For instance I know a few people who have moved their gas BBQs inside to use instead of the stove.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Partimus

Partimus

Smoking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 Posts:
  • Interests:Growing My Own
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Lighting: LED Quantum Boards

I have never heard of anyone getting done for power use although I may be wrong. Stealing power yes, that gets you busted, using heaps of power and paying your bills on time, no worries.

The Stoned Jester

The Stoned Jester

The one, the only - The Stoned Jester.

• Members
  • 1831 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 80w Philips CFL

Also 4800w sounds like a lot are your calculations correct? how much light power is that? unless you got some monster grow 4800w is like 8 x 600w lights.

gallery_40304_1204_35607.jpg

Have you ever noticed the most dangerous thing about cannabis is getting caught by the police with it?

"When the legal side effects of a substance cause more harm to a person than the side effects of the substance itself we have an injustice." - Jimmy Carter

:plant: "Who says stoner's aren't creative? - Give them weed and nothing to smoke it out of, and they turn into fucking Macgyver" :plant:

CURRENT GROW - https://cannabis.com...-grow-c99-x-hk/

PREVIOUS GROWhttps://cannabis.com...3-jesters-grow/
PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...00w-drobe-grow/

PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...vil-experiment/

PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...k1-x-blueberry/
PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...er-grows-again/

READ THE RULES!

WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.

cooper

cooper

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: HPS
  • Fav. Nutrients:Any hydro A+ B kits + Silica.
    I dont use magic additives

This is something that I worry about too (a little) but I'm reasonably confident that if you pay your bill on time, every time then you're a good customer and they will leave you alone.

I've never heard of anyone getting busted because of a few $K power bill, that got paid. I think police resources are mostly tied up in amphetamines and other more pressing issues.

I know someone that got raided when he turned off 6000w of light and stopped using power. Power company probably thought - this growers started stealing power.

I know another couple that got raided when they complained about a huge power bill that was caused by a faulty meter (they werent growing anything)

Both cases in SA.

fred_hawk

fred_hawk

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 Posts:
  • Interests:bikes and green

my bill without growing is 1300,00 a quarter never had a knock on the door  

AquaDolly

AquaDolly

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1441 Posts:

my bill without growing is 1300,00 a quarter never had a knock on the door

Wtf that's crazy high. I don't even hit 1k running 3 aircons with 4 tvs on and a house full of teenagers

fred_hawk

fred_hawk

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 Posts:
  • Interests:bikes and green

Wtf that's crazy high. I don't even hit 1k running 3 aircons with 4 tvs on and a house full of teenagers

its  its a lot of money 

Daddycoolio

Daddycoolio

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 Posts:
  • Interests:Trying to cure my cancer.
    DAYTONA 500.
    INDYCAR RACING.
    HUMBOLDT COUNTY. U.S.A
Thx guys yes 5 people in my house. And i am growing with 4 x600s and my bill was $1400.

Now i have 6x 600s and 3 x 400s.

6 plants. A 600w above each. And down the middle i have vert 400s MH bulbs for density and quality.

Thanks

OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit
Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.