Thoughts on flushing

Hey just wanted to get some opinions on flushing.

I am growing outdoors in soil, is flushing necessary if I’m going to cure the buds properly?

I have had mixed answers from friends and just wanted to hear some other opinions, don’t want my final product tasting like crap if I don’t flush lol cheers

F.y.i I did flush last grow

I'm interested to know how u flushed all the nutrients out soil?

Taste depends on many things curing only enhances the aromas n tastes that already exist

Even the time of day u harvest can determine both these things

Flushing is generally for neutral mediums where the removal of nutrients can be achieved successfully

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

I'm interested to know how u flushed all the nutrients out soil?

Taste depends on many things curing only enhances the aromas n tastes that already exist

Even the time of day u harvest can determine both these things

Flushing is generally for neutral mediums where the removal of nutrients can be achieved successfully

All I did was stop using any fertiliser and using more water than usual about two weeks before I harvested them. But not sure if that actually does anything good for them?

And I harvested during the night in the dark, hung them upside inside with a fan circulating in the room (not directly on them) until the branches snapped which took about 2.5 weeks I think. Then I cured them in jars for another few weeks, again not exposing the bud to much light

Won't matter, or maybe if your pumping it with non organic n in veg and pulling a billy g in flower.

I never flush, tastes good, even the autos. Its a more organic setup.

What are ya feeding it?

Do they flush fruit and veg? Maybe in hydro? Commercially?

I am feeding with manutec bloom booster from Bunnings mate also have been using seasol and blackstrap molasses occasionally

Edited by RickJames

Ps how u dry can it can also have a major influence on taste n smell

Bag it too early n it will smell like cut grass

Bag it to late n it will crumble into dust

Mould can still be active during the drying n curing process again another major influence on taste

Just hung branches upside down on string in a spare bedroom with a fan circulating underneath them (not on them) for about 2.5 weeks and kept them in the dark.

Then I cured in jars for about 3 weeks, kept in the dark while doing this too.