630cmh vs 600hps (not 1000 hps)

Hey crew

I’ve searched the forums for keywords 630 cmh etc but couldn’t find anything related to this maybe it’s the app on my iPhone so apologies if this topic has been repeated umpteen times!

I know people/companies will say the 315cmh rivals a 600 but I don’t think it does - May come close and produce some nice resin but I’ve only ever used a cmh vegging in a small tent (which it does well ) or in the middle of 2 600hps in a 2.4 long x 1.5 tent

Anyways....

1 - would a 630w really wipe the floor with a 600hps ? I’ve seen them with dimmers etc so you could adjust it to 90% and get the same power wattage -

2 - if you put an extra large batwing on one or for that fact a 600hps does it really give it a bigger spread or just make it seem that way ?

I love the extra resin frost it seems to bring out with the cmhs (noticed in a side by side comparison my 315 was towards the left of my Gelat OG last grow and that side of the plant absolutely had more frost than the other side 100%)

Just curious if anyone’s done a comparable grow with the 600 against a 630 - YouTube’s good but would rather see if someone here has done it

Cheers

JImboss

There is a ceramic HPS globe also by hortilux

https://eyehortilux.com/grow-lights/ceramic-hps/

Last grow I used it pretty and although I don't rate it as good as my 860w retrofit CMH or a regular HPS it did frost the girls a lot at the end, so next grow I plan to team it for flower with 4 led boards and use it to trigger the Emerson effect with the 860w for veg

[emoji106]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Will be in the tech info somewhere, I remember 48w or maybe 50 for the hi par 315.

I'm no electrician but I'm assuming the twin bulb 315s to make 630 run 2x ballasts, I'm guessing the 630 bulb would have to need around 100w to run?

Or is there an advantage with the 630 with a lower than 100w draw on a single ballast?

Like to know too, but more especially what's better between 630de single bulb, 2x 315s in same reflector to make 630 or 2x standalone 315s (which I'm liking ATM).

Like to know the ballast watt draw for the 630, around 50w per 315 iirc

That’s a really good point - like having 4 x single 315s in a long tent in a zig zag pattern or 2x 630s centred .....

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I got a 630 DE. How does one measure the draw?

Hey Billy,

You 'should' be able to obtain those measures online, but how true they are can be questionable as they are often put out by the manufacturer.

Now to get a true measure of your specific light you can borrow an energy efficiency testkit from most public libraries. They call them Home Energy Toolkits and contain a meter device which shows up start up draw, regular usage draw and standby draw for a tested device, a infrared thermometer for heat output etc. The test kits are made available by state governments and can be used for testing all electrical devices for energy efficiency.

Hope it helps

Merl1n