Can anyone recommend a good electrical timer?

Can anyone recommend a good electrical timer? Preferably digital?

I’ve just gone through a HPM and Arlec digital ones over the weekend. HPM wouldn’t reliably switch on and the Arlec would just switch off by itself when it chose too. Completely useless.

Checked two hydro shops and both have different brands with no reviews..

Any suggestions appreciated.

Sounds like u overloading them

Try using 2 or 3 instead of 1

Keep your load spread across them

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks micmac.

Will get a new powerboard and test them again separately first.

Had the timers on a powerboard so will try timer before the powerboard to see if it makes a difference.

One of them just running a single hallway light ya use so kids can see when get up at night.. so if power not the issue then maybe the board or power supply.

Thanks micmac.

Will get a new powerboard and test them again separately first.

Had the timers on a powerboard so will try timer before the powerboard to see if it makes a difference.

One of them just running a single hallway light ya use so kids can see when get up at night.. so if power not the issue then maybe the board or power supply.

I think you're on the right track. Powerboards have a tendency to trip their overload switch easier as they get older. Start there and as micmac suggested, spread load amongst 2 or 3 timers.

Can anyone recommend a good electrical timer? Preferably digital?

I’ve just gone through a HPM and Arlec digital ones over the weekend. HPM wouldn’t reliably switch on and the Arlec would just switch off by itself when it chose too. Completely useless.

Checked two hydro shops and both have different brands with no reviews..

Any suggestions appreciated.

I use the digital hpm timer I use it as a 24 hour timer.

The main problem after cracking the shits was learning how to program it correctly, it took me a few hours of playing with it to figure it out but once you learn how to do it they are a pretty dependable timer. I was running a 600 hps and a couple of leds I was using 2 timers for 3 lights. Good luck with it [emoji1303]

Been using this for the last 2 years. Its only had a double adaptor with 2 water pumps though. Max 16w when they turn on. Lights on an old style timer. The 1 second increment timing is why I got it for my watering.

A timer with built in relay and your problems should be fixed .,the points often weld together ( something like that ) on the manual timers when they get high loads.,,,,one with a relay won't cop a huge surge of power on startup.

.and as what sticky said about the overload tripping on the power board ,

If it's tripped for no reason dump it and get a new one.

A timer with built in relay and your problems should be fixed .,the points often weld together ( something like that ) on the manual timers when they get high loads.,,,,one with a relay won't cop a huge surge of power on startup.

.and as what sticky said about the overload tripping on the power board ,

If it's tripped for no reason dump it and get a new one.

Am I right to assume SE that if a timer does this then it would not be able to turn off? So if it can still turn on and off the problem is elsewhere?

Am I right to assume SE that if a timer does this then it would not be able to turn off? So if it can still turn on and off the problem is elsewhere?

Don't know the full details of how they fuckup . I was told the points on the manual timers can weld themselves ,,

So you'd think it would stay either on or off. In any case it's the sudden surge of power that will fuck them up.

The ones with built in relay have a slower startup ,,(like a digital ballast has a slow startup .)