Need to slow down growing

…. hope your health pics back up too mate . Cheers for the responses :)

Not much chance of that Jim. Went to see the surgeon a couple of weeks back and they want to go chop chop again

Just when I think I might get on top of it all they whip the mat out from under me again. This will be op no.7

It just never ends

Bugger mate

Sorry to hear - sounds serious but hopefully this is the last round for you .

Once again I do appreciate u bothering to reply to a newbie like myself and my question after question lol [emoji23]

I have 5 kids so I don’t go out boozing or anything anymore so doing some light gardening has become one of my fav hobbies [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Hey Jim 

We all had to start somewhere, there was no Ozstoners when I started, hell the internet was all some new fangdangled thingy back then. Lots of my learning was all done by trial and error and error and err.....  ...you get the idea.

If you can learn from my cockups then it wasn't a wasted experience and hopefully you don't need to go making the same mistakes I did. Others gave me a hand and I have no issue in passing that on. We were all 'newbies' at some point in the process. The more questions you ask today, the less chance of you cocking it up tomorrow IMO.

As for the head issues, Thanks. I try to make light of it "Nothing a bullet wouldn't fix", I told the surgeon a couple of weeks back "Just chop it off at the neck. That'll fix it..." But he wasn't very amused lol

I wish it was the last round, but unfortunately that's not to be. They've put a plastic tube into my brain and it blocks up and breaks needing to be replaced. Then there's the growth that's causing the issue which can't be removed as its growing a bit too close to bits I need, so they go in chop a bit out, let it grow a bit more, then chop again, it's a bit of an ongoing drama as this shows  https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/59058-the-biggest-of-thanks/

But what REALLY pisses me off is the dr's not allowing me to return to work. I have to accept there is SFA I can do about it all tho. Just have to go with the flow.

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 1

Holy shiit merl ... just had a read through your entire battle . You are a straight up soldier and thank god u got a good woman by your side !

Not much I can say except keep being a legend mate u got my respect [emoji110][emoji106]

• Upvote 1

'Legend' ??? I don't know about that lol In fact definitely not lol

'Good woman' For sure, I'd be totally screwed without her, that's for damn sure

I look at it all this way Jim, I can either pack up and give up or fight like hell. I choose to fight

When I was working I worked with people with disabilities and I worked with some of the worst case scenarios. and :Touch wood: I'm not in their position, well, not yet.

Some of them would have every right to '...pack up and give up...' but they haven't. I often look at my own situation in comparison and think "What the Fark have I got to bitch about? I could be THERE" in their position.

So I give myself a (metaphorical) kick in the arse and do what I can whilst I can because tomorrow...  ...who knows?

I'm often saying "Tomorrow you could walk out your front door and get hit by a bus, you just never know. So do it today"

Merl1n

'Legend' ??? I don't know about that lol In fact definitely not lol

'Good woman' For sure, I'd be totally screwed without her, that's for damn sure

I look at it all this way Jim, I can either pack up and give up or fight like hell. I choose to fight

When I was working I worked with people with disabilities and I worked with some of the worst case scenarios. and :Touch wood: I'm not in their position, well, not yet.

Some of them would have every right to '...

pack up and give up...' but they haven't. I often look at my own situation in comparison and think "What the Fark have I got to bitch about? I could be THERE" in their position.

So I give myself a (metaphorical) kick in the arse and do what I can whilst I can because tomorrow... ...who knows?

I'm often saying "Tomorrow you could walk out your front door and get hit by a bus, you just never know. So do it today"

Merl1n

Well you have an excellent attitude mate both in life and on this forum helping others . You will hear from me again 100% haha .... my scrog has gone gangbusters since I had too many different strains - have to try tie them down but they are gonna block the smaller ones so lesson learned sometimes more isn’t more ! Might do 4 down the middle next time instead of 8 - less nutes and more chance to spread them correctly .

The smaller 1.5sq tent is doing better besides the hermie c99xbig bud I had to chop out so looks a bit empty but maybe I’ll still pull 3 or 4 oz a plant I’m hoping post-64125-155550154591_thumb.jpgpost-64125-155550156742_thumb.jpg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey Jim,

So long as you learn from it, it ain't a wasted experience. Years ago I grow a mixed strain and ohh boy did I learn lol the strain I wanted got shaded out, I got 7-8oz off her but would have rather 12-13. The other was OK but not as good as the one I wanted. After that debacle I decided to grow the single plant and just veg for a bit longer to fill the scrog net. Others keep going on about grams/watt, which isn't my concern, I want/need quality over quantity, hence why I'm in 12/12 for longer than most. I've had others say they could grow 4 crops in the time I take to grow 2 and a good mate of mine is pulling BIG weights, but he ain't getting my quality. Again it's a balance thing and as this is all personal smoke I'm not all that concerned about weights. So long as I get my smoke and my hash as my meds, all's good IMO.

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

Well said merl .

Next grow I’ll tweak some things , see what comes of it and keep practising and learning :) i find it therapeutic just tinkering around the room trimming and checking them out lol my main hobby besides the kids now !