ahh fellas ...

would you mind not using my name for stuff i did not say ...

if someone reads this out of context, it looks like it came from me.

just to clear things up ...

pug1010, on 06 Apr 2019 - 4:38 PM, said:snapback.png

pug1010, on 06 Apr 2019 - 3:51 PM, said:snapback.png

Sorry pug not sure what happened there. Think I messed up the multiquote somehow but got me stuffed where I quoted it from now because I can't find it anywhere in this thread.

Did you go a cool tube or just a bat wing?

Cool tube OMD

N got my 2 pc fans set up can use both or just extract or inlet, quite pleased and it pushes a fair bit of air for size.

I'll see how temps go but really only need a bit of fresh air circulating.

I'll probably pull the exhaust through the cool tube if need be, but with winter temps the heat might be welcome, see how she goes

I’m using this light as a supplement in the middle of 2 600 hps- leaves the buds like Christmas snow !

I’m vegging a few in a 90cmx90cm x1.5 High at the moment I’ll post a photo ... think it would do better if I bought a philips globe - no markings on the existing globe of the brand that comes with it

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

nice one Jimboss!

doin pretty good to squeeze 3 light in your space,

but the better all round light spectrum make a hella of a difference

to end product.

cant go past the Philips globe!

• Upvote 1

Sorry pug not sure what happened there. Think I messed up the multiquote somehow but got me stuffed where I quoted it from now because I can't find it anywhere in this thread.

no worries Mongy:)

all good mate ... i still can't my multi-quote to work, the way i think it is suppose to ... i've been known to do a fair bit of cutting and pasting.

Hi all, well I can clear this up really fast. You will get what you pay for, 200$ led will be a 200$ led. Take for example the best led on the market Black Dog or Lucius bar lighting are about $2100 each. These led are used by professional medical growers.

As long as you don’t expect good results from the 200$ led them go for it.

But a 400w mag ballast would give you better results

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Hi all, well I can clear this up really fast. You will get what you pay for, 200$ led will be a 200$ led. Take for example the best led on the market Black Dog or Lucius bar lighting are about $2100 each. These led are used by professional medical growers.

As long as you don’t expect good results from the 200$ led them go for it.

But a 400w mag ballast would give you better results

You can grow really good bud with a 200 dollar led. It's just not in a big area. A single qb will flower an 80x80cm tent.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

And black dog is far far from the best lol, it's just the most expensive.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don’t know if you can get good results from a $200 led, but from what I have read about that led I would say no. The CRI is way down to like 80 and it doesn’t even have the micro mul rating.

If you look at the stats black dogs are the second best and Lucius bar lights are the best. They have the most cri and micro mul.

If you are trying to get the best light you look for the highest PPFD, Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density.

Yes LED are expensive but they have less radiation heat below the light so you can get them closer to the canopy.

This is real work testing, my mate is a crazy led fan. Has them all from spectrum king, kind, call lights, black dog, micro gro from England, spyder cob 6-9 now Lucius bar lighting. He did side by side with a 600hps in a cool tube, black dog 1000 and Lucius bar lighting in 3 different tents over summer. And said the Lucius smashed the 600hps got 4 more bags off that tent, black dog was 2 behind the 600hps. But the main point he was saying was the Lucius are the first led that preforms as good as a hps but with less power. As he had 3 led bars for his tent as the manufacturer spec said, but each bar is only 150w. So in total only 450w and did better then a 600.

I didn’t do the math, but the out lay of 3 bars is 2200$ which will do 1.3m x 1.3 m. The saving on power, and extra bags he said you would pay them off in 14 months.

I don’t know if you can get good results from a $200 led, but from what I have read about that led I would say no. The CRI is way down to like 80 and it doesn’t even have the micro mul rating.

If you look at the stats black dogs are the second best and Lucius bar lights are the best. They have the most cri and micro mul.

If you are trying to get the best light you look for the highest PPFD, Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density.

Yes LED are expensive but they have less radiation heat below the light so you can get them closer to the canopy.

This is real work testing, my mate is a crazy led fan. Has them all from spectrum king, kind, call lights, black dog, micro gro from England, spyder cob 6-9 now Lucius bar lighting. He did side by side with a 600hps in a cool tube, black dog 1000 and Lucius bar lighting in 3 different tents over summer. And said the Lucius smashed the 600hps got 4 more bags off that tent, black dog was 2 behind the 600hps. But the main point he was saying was the Lucius are the first led that preforms as good as a hps but with less power. As he had 3 led bars for his tent as the manufacturer spec said, but each bar is only 150w. So in total only 450w and did better then a 600.

I didn’t do the math, but the out lay of 3 bars is 2200$ which will do 1.3m x 1.3 m. The saving on power, and extra bags he said you would pay them off in 14 months.

Thats the problem with advice on here. When people say "thats what ive read read" means fuck all. I could of read pedro is a level headed nice bloke but we all know from experience thats not the case. If you dont have personal experience with something you option means fuck all. So all you ive heard off a friend or the ive seen on the internet or YouTube or ive read before should just shut the fuck up and stop giving bad advive.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 3