Ok so I'm told my small tent too small really for HPS,

At 50cm X 90cm X 120cm high converted is 19sq ft

Read that need 32w per square foot, not sure how correct that is.

But brings me in at 600w

Like to go full cycle programmable if possible.

If not can use timer.

Budget about 250

What can anyone recommend ?

Can't really go bigger tent, no space, one plant suffice me.

Cheers

Edited by Newbudgrower

Ok so I'm told my small tent too small really for HPS,

At 50cm X 90cm X 120cm high converted is 19sq ft

Read that need 32w per square foot, not sure how correct that is.

But brings me in at 600w

Like to go full cycle programmable if possible.

If not can use timer.

Budget about 250

What can anyone recommend ?

Can't really go bigger tent, no space, one plant suffice me.

Cheers

hey newbudgrower :)

just double checking your info mate ... is your tent 2 footish (50cm) x 3ft (90cm) with a height of 4 ft (120cm)?

if that's right ... then the cubic feet of your tent is 19 cubic feet, which is the amount you use for airflow calculations. the light measurement calculation is done on square feet (length x width) ... so your light footprint would be around 5ish square feet x 32w or approx 160w ... so somewhere around 180-200w would be heaps for this space.

just a heads up ... worth checking my numbers ... maths not great. :)

hey newbudgrower :)

just double checking your info mate ... is your tent 2 footish (50cm) x 3ft (90cm) with a height of 4 ft (120cm)?

if that's right ... then the cubic feet of your tent is 19 cubic feet, which is the amount you use for airflow calculations. the light measurement calculation is done on square feet (length x width) ... so your light footprint would be around 5ish square feet x 32w or approx 160w ... so somewhere around 180-200w would be heaps for this space.

just a heads up ... worth checking my numbers ... maths not great. :)

No your absolutely right there mate, my calc was actually cubes, as you correctly spotted n should've been squared.

I'll probably just go 250w HPS, everyone tells you something different.

I also have a voltage controller I use to vary power output on a still, (another good hobby , I'll trade knowledge lol)

Could use as an interim from seedling T5 to HPS, allow me to ramp it back a bit then build up to full power as they mature.

All good fun.

I'll stop asking questions and just see how I go.

Appreciate all replies.

Cheers

No your absolutely right there mate, my calc was actually cubes, as you correctly spotted n should've been squared.

I'll probably just go 250w HPS, everyone tells you something different.

I also have a voltage controller I use to vary power output on a still, (another good hobby , I'll trade knowledge lol)

Could use as an interim from seedling T5 to HPS, allow me to ramp it back a bit then build up to full power as they mature.

All good fun.

Appreciate all replies.

Cheers

Never stop asking questions... just expect bullshit answers, smoke and mirrors. Then learn how to weed out the good info... if you want to try LED I can recommend these

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264113115503

I bought the 240w kits and they are absolutely killing it so far.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

agree with Mickey, don't stop asking question,

we are all here to learn from each other!

...but I don't agree with his light choice lol

go with the 250hps, even better go with

a CMH, something like this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EverGrow-315W-CMH-Ceramic-Metal-Halide-Reflector-Ballast-Kit-Philips-Made-4200K/323458148500?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D57482%26meid%3Dc0b3228020644af88a990b9518881f5b%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D323354890496%26itm%3D323458148500&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

(never heard of this brand, so can not vouch for  quality.)

• Upvote 1

Never stop asking questions... just expect bullshit answers, smoke and mirrors. Then learn how to weed out the good info... if you want to try LED I can recommend these

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264113115503

I bought the 240w kits and they are absolutely killing it so far.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

How many grows have you done with the Chinese LED?

• Upvote 1