Wattage question

Lots of people will tell you a small grow space is a waste of time or that LED's are weak.  I've only done one grow, but I did pretty well in a 40*40*120cm with a 135W HLG.  LED's are perfect for small grows, COB and QB (HLG) in particular are pretty popular on other forums.  My thread if you need some inspiration: https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/80647-a-first-grow-living-in-the-closet/

• Upvote 1

Lots of people will tell you a small grow space is a waste of time or that LED's are weak.  I've only done one grow, but I did pretty well in a 40*40*120cm with a 135W HLG.  LED's are perfect for small grows, COB and QB (HLG) in particular are pretty popular on other forums.  My thread if you need some inspiration: https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/80647-a-first-grow-living-in-the-closet

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/80647-a-first-grow-living-in-the-closet/page-15?do=findComment&comment=619249

I guess if you're happy with 2-3oz of manicured below average buds every 3-4 months I guess it's worth it. Honest opinion though, it's not worth running the risk of going down for such a small grow and cop a fine and criminal conviction if some shit was to unfold. It'd be safer just to buy from a dealer and look like a choofer instead of a grower.

Edited by Indycar
  • Upvote 1

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/80647-a-first-grow-living-in-the-closet/page-15?do=findComment&comment=619249

I guess if you're happy with 2-3oz of manicured below average buds every 3-4 months I guess it's worth it. Honest opinion though, it's not worth running the risk of going down for such a small grow and cop a fine and criminal conviction if some shit was to unfold. It'd be safer just to buy from a dealer and look like a choofer instead of a grower.

I get all that and accept what you saying.

I'm not expecting to have huge yields, not a big user. One small plant harder to be classed as commercial or dealing by the pigs if came to it.

Dealers are dodgy, most sell shit, plus your open to cop surveillance etc.

Plus it's a bit of a hobby.

I may be able to expand at some point.

Cheers

You're not telling me something I don't already know. It just pays to do it properly from the beginning, and grow only what you need.

For instance, I only need about a pound myself annually, and i can get that in 1 or 2 grows and then shutdown growing for the rest of the year. And if you think you're going to grow too much just reduce the numbers of plants. Just this Summer, I had 18 plants to begin with and finished off with 3, and that should yield me 10-12oz of dried manicured buds, and a lump of good quality trim for a hash run.

I'm not a big grower either, personal only, but I have got my skills to a level that I can now gauge how much I need to grow to keep me in properly grown smoko for a year. And small places with insufficient lighting would just make that task soo much harder.

Each to their own though, I'll leave you with it as you seem to have you're heart set on this theory you have. :peace:

Edited by Indycar
  • Upvote 1

There are heaps of budget options. Checkout the diy kits on quickbloom. A 135 would probably do the trick for ya. Or cutter.com.au has some good stuff. Atreum lighting is cheap and horticulturelightinggroup.com has all sorts. To suit most budgets now. Small space u could probably run 150 watts with good results

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I'm sure the OP is aware that with a small tent, he will only grow a limited amount.  But if it's for personal use only, it might be plenty.  With a good light LED and helpful advice on this forum, 400g/m2 should be achievable.  I managed 500g/m2 on my first go and it tastes better than anything I've ever purchased in my town.  0.9*0.5 = 0.45 m2 and at 400g/m2 = 180g or > 6oz.  6oz every 4 months might be plenty if he's using a vape.  It is for me.  Plus he gets to pick his strain, know what's in the final product, be closer to self sufficiency, and the best part .... satisfaction of job well done when he lights up.  Not everyone has heaps of spare space for various reasons, doesn't mean we should quite without even trying.  I'm sure that everyone here started small'ish and grew with time, improving their skills with experience.  Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was Amsterdam!!!

Go for it OP, you'll be glad ya did!

I'm a novice, but that's my 2 cents....

• Upvote 1

I'm sure the OP is aware that with a small tent, he will only grow a limited amount.  But if it's for personal use only, it might be plenty.  With a good light LED and helpful advice on this forum, 400g/m2 should be achievable.  I managed 500g/m2 on my first go and it tastes better than anything I've ever purchased in my town.  0.9*0.5 = 0.45 m2 and at 400g/m2 = 180g or > 6oz.  6oz every 4 months might be plenty if he's using a vape.  It is for me.  Plus he gets to pick his strain, know what's in the final product, be closer to self sufficiency, and the best part .... satisfaction of job well done when he lights up.  Not everyone has heaps of spare space for various reasons, doesn't mean we should quite without even trying.  I'm sure that everyone here started small'ish and grew with time, improving their skills with experience.  Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was Amsterdam!!!

Go for it OP, you'll be glad ya did!

I'm a novice, but that's my 2 cents....

well said

• Upvote 1