Hempy Bucket, what medium to use

thinking about making a hempy bucket,  watched a few small vids on the system , but not sure what is a good mix to use , ie, 50-50 coco perlite , 100% perlite & so on …...whats your preferred medium to use & why ……..do your yields stay about the same , & what is a good nute to run , ie soil , coco or aqua nute line , the vids I saw said it didn't matter, ive heaps of canna coco A+B , is that  ok...……& bucket size ,  5-15 gallon , is the suggested size ,  whats your preferred size bucket &  why

Nutter

Sounds like your medium is a bit dense n maybe your watering technique needs improvement

The last thing u want is a root ball,many bad things will come from this not the least your plant will never go close to reaching its potential

Inserting that in the bottom will give bugs another point of access

Your medium should be sufficiently aerated n watered correctly ,only then will u form a healthy root base capable of producing a decent yield

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I've done 4 hempy runs now. Used combo of coco and perlite up top and only perlite down the bottom. Rinse the perlite to prevent the dust from turning into sludge. I've just used the standard cheapo 9L bucket from bunnings with only a small hole for runoff. Small so the water builds up or floods a bit when I water but I need to check on it so it doesn't get blocked. This run I'm trying only coco up top with perlite down bottom. Using coco nutes and no probs there.

I've only grown autos in the 9L buckets and curious if they can get root bound too. I'll find out this run as they'll be in the bucket for a good 4 months until harvest.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app