Can small pots kill plants ?

Hey crew

Another question - can keeping a growing plant in a small pot cause it to die ?

I’ve googled this and saw mixed opinions that they either grow slower or stop growing .

I’ve got a 8 plants vegging under a 315cmh in small pots (probably 1 litre each or slightly less) in this lot I have a power Africa, gelato , cream cheese and 3 supreme cbd Durban’s (nirvana strain) from Seedsman..

A previous post I put up a while ago I had some issues with 80% of seedsmans seeds I germinated but they re sent some and had no issues - except I was expecting issues again so I have more than I needed which is why I have these ones vegging in a small tent and haven’t upgraded the pots.

So they have been growing fine and checked them this morning no issues, then I went in this afternoon and noticed the edges on all of the Durban’s are turning up and yellowing/ browning ..... I watered them all with the same nutes out of my 100L tub and all the others are fine ... could it be they need bigger pots or possibly more sensitive to light or nutes ? Seems strange cause I have watered them all exactly the same since seed 4 weeks ago .

I’ll upload pics tomorrow as tent is in the same room as flower and don’t want to disturb the cycle by opening it up !

While on this topic should I change to a 55W Fluoro so it does slow the growth until my other cycle is done to slow the growth - I’m still probably 7 weeks away I just didn’t expect them to all pop and do so well !

I'm going through the same problem. The ones I did put in larger pots have now slowed growth a bit but I now have all these other healthy ones still in solo cups but getting root bound.

I ran out of room for bigger pots so I'm putting in milk jugs to hang from the wall instead.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The challenges we face !! :)

Milk jugs on the wall ? Need a photo of that mate getting creative as hell haha

1 Litre pots wont be good for long. If you limit a plants root mass then you limit its production capacity.

Pretty hard to kill a plant like that but it will hold them back, once time is lost it can't be recovered.

Sounds like the Durbans have nutrient OD. Give em a flush and see how they respond.

Lucky I got time on my side at the moment -

I’ll give them a flush tomorrow with ph’d water and see how I go

Thankyou !