banana peels, strainer, paper back and two afghani#1 seeds

interesting observations

have you ever check temps when germinating seeds 

we just had a warm night or 2 & another tonight where i live in Vic

higher temps might of helped germination plus peat pellets aren't bad at retaining warmth  

how did the diy fem process go , easy peasy , few skin changes , no probs ?

what do you hydrate the peat pellets with , plain water ?

interesting observations

have you ever check temps when germinating seeds 

we just had a warm night or 2 & another tonight where i live in Vic

higher temps might of helped germination plus peat pellets aren't bad at retaining warmth  

how did the diy fem process go , easy peasy , few skin changes , no probs ?

what do you hydrate the peat pellets with , plain water ?

temps have been steady itchy ... and also within normal range compared to previous germinations (20 - 25 degrees).

no worries with the diy fem process ... additional benefit was that i ate heaps of bananas. longest time for banana peels was 3 days in paper bag - most changed in two days. usually had a fair few in the bag. rolled the bag up and bobs your uncle and marges your aunt ... strainer worked like a charm ... nice one mate.:)

peat pellets hydrated with local bottled spring water ... no aloe or fulvic.

did put a tiny amount of myco in seed hole - but that's normal for me.

if i have old seeds in the future (even fem seeds) ... i will use the banana skin process, just to help them germinate quicker. nothing to loss.

• Upvote 1

temps have been steady itchy ... and also within normal range compared to previous germinations (20 - 25 degrees).

no worries with the diy fem process ... additional benefit was that i ate heaps of bananas. longest time for banana peels was 3 days in paper bag - most changed in two days. usually had a fair few in the bag. rolled the bag up and bobs your uncle and marges your aunt ... strainer worked like a charm ... nice one mate. :)

if i have old seeds in the future (even fem seeds) ... i will use the banana skin process, just to help them germinate quicker. nothing to loss.

sweet , good to hear 

get ya body a bit of a potassium hit 

fulvic is good to use at germination as you already know & lill myco doesn't hurt to use at germ either 

no worries with the diy fem process ... additional benefit was that i ate heaps of bananas. longest time for banana peels was 3 days in paper bag - most changed in two days. usually had a fair few in the bag. rolled the bag up and bobs your uncle and marges your aunt ... strainer worked like a charm ... nice one mate.:)

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

final update on the banana skin adventure ...

in the end i chopped the leggy affie before it sexed, as it was never going to fit in my grow space. the little runty ... has bloomed into a lovely lady. :)

was not the normal sexing though ... as it took a bit longer than previous affies and when pistils did show, they showed on the cola tops at the same time as at the nodes - this was a first for me with any strain. one thing to mention though, is that she was topped very early to fit into the temporary space bucket - topped at 3rd node when just showing 5th node. second topping was also down soonish as well.

pic below is at day 42 of flower (counted from when top pistils first showed) and day 54 since changing lights to 12/12.

post-14354-0-01941800-1564147665_thumb.jpg

good stuff mate 

shame you didn't take a cut & flower the cutting once rooted to see if it was a girl 

although a vegging plant that is quite stretchy early on usually turns out to be male in my experience 

i've never tried it but i have seen talk of putting plants into flower (12/12) for a single day on an adult vegging 

plant to discover sex & continue to veg without going full flower 

supposedly one day of flowering is enough to just show sex & not go full on into flower  

that affie's looking pretty good pug 

• Upvote 2