banana peels, strainer, paper back and two afghani#1 seeds

lmao ...

i've actually got a secret hope that all those who think we've been toking too hard, will actually conduct scientific research based on sound deductive methodology. perhaps they would like to organise a control group as well. if they set the parameters of the study, anyone who has regular seeds can participate and we can document it. we should get quite a large sample size. a lot bigger than my two seeds ... :)

that way, they can base their opinion on scientific fact ... hehehe.

i have a fair bit of reading ahead of me ... but could still find some time, if they can provide research of a study done that disproves the banana skin theory ... :)

sorry fellas, couldn't help myself. let's flip this around ... show me the proof that it doesn't work. :)

U can't set out to prove or disprove anything ,your findings will be biased

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

hehehe ... so true micmac.

but to assume that no bias exists (cultural, educational, societal, religious, scientific, medical, legal) while initially looking at the feasibility of a study or looking for gaps within relevant literature or even which organisations will fund certain research areas/questions to undertake scientific research, is in itself an example of bias.:)

sorry mate ... this strain is a bit chatty ... might get ready for my nighttime smoko. :)

at it's basic , me & the info , to make fem seeds you buy , a female is sprayed with collodial silver , this interrupts the female plants production of ethylene 

auxin ethylene is one of the prime movers in female flower production , this causes the sprayed plant due to the lack of ethylene to produce male flowers 

bananas like lots of fruit produce ethylene as they ripen , i remember my mother putting a banana with other fruit or veg , like tomatoes for instance 

to ripen them quicker , i have read it is not un-common for a cool room for commercial fruit & veg storage to be pumped full of ethylene for the same 

reason as my mother , to ripen the stored fruit or veg 

unfortunately i haven't been able to find the mechanism for why this seems to work when i've tried this a number of times now 

i also haven't been able to find a method that works 100% all the time , the largest number i ran using this method was 11 seeds

3 didn't pop & the remaining 8 were all fem's , a member on here known as phoenix ( check spelling ? ) she used this method with

from my stoner memory 30 seeds & had 26 female 

all i can say is try it , more the merrier 

• Upvote 1

Auxin and ethylene are two seperate hormones. And these pathways are inactive in seeds.

A genetically female plants (xx, xxy xxxy+ whatever) will produce male flowers under certain circumstances, but a male will not produce buds under any conditions. Female plants can become males/hermaphrodites, but a male is always a male.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by Creepy Jesus

Auxin and ethylene are two seperate hormones. A genetically female plant (xx, xxy xxxy+ whatever) will produce male flowers under certain circumstances, as it contains both types of sex chromosome eg X and Y. A male has homogeneous sex chromosomes by definition there for you can’t turn it into a female. Even with bananas.

excuse me , plant hormone ethylene is what i should have said my apologies for my typing error 

Oh damn, I wasn’t going there, I meant there can polyploid female phenotypes. I believe the original GG#4 cut was at least triploid.

I don’t mean to sound negative, I do admire all your ingenuity I just think it could be better spent.

no worries creepy ... all good mate.:)

• Upvote 1

alrighty then ... update time ...

one very interesting thing for me ... the time for the seed to pop ... have popped a few of these affies and in the past and they all took 4-5 days.

this time ... both popped under 36 hrs - was shocked shitless ... was randomly checking moisture levels of peat pellets and there they both were ... didn't even have a light ready to go on them.

two differences to my normal routine ... 14 days with banana skins and also did not soak in water for a day.

both now transplanted into 125mm pots in space bucket under one 13w 6500k led

nearly forgot ... seeds over two years old.

Edited by pug1010