banana peels, strainer, paper back and two afghani#1 seeds

alright itchy ... i'm set. decided to go with two seeds and will try to fit them in a space bucket for a few weeks, until the flowering/drying tent comes available.

have put the seeds in the strainer, wrapped the inside of two banana peels around the strainer (ladyfingers, so needed two :)), put a couple of rubber bands around them so that i can't see the strainer and put the whole lot in a paper bag at the back of the fridge - thanks for the detailed instructions mate. :)

just a question ... normally, i drop a seed straight into a shot glass filled with water and 1% fulvic acid for around 24 hours ... then into soil/peat with a tiny amount of myco in the hole. do you reckon this would still be okay to do after the 14 days or would you suggest straight into the medium?

seeds are around 2.5 years old now, but kept in a good place.

post-14354-0-30011200-1553936266_thumb.jpg

hey mate good luck with it 

as carb said not real scientific but hey if ya get 2 girls it's a good thing regardless

of why or how you got 2 girls 

i might have fucked up on these destruction's , i mean instructions lol   

i tend to try & keep the wet bit of the peal away from the seeds , i sit the peels at the bottom of the bag 

wet side down , although the bottom peel is wet side up for the preservation of the paper bag , the peels 

close to the seeds are wet side away from them while they sit on top in the strainer 

i also didn't put the bag in the fridge , might have mentioned putting it on top of the fridge maybe & 

i def mentioned the process of ripening fruit in cool rooms by pumping the cool room with X amount of ethylene 

i generally leave the bag out in a dark-ish spot at room temp , maybe a lill above , in saying that i'm not sure the fridge will make any diff 

just never tried it to really know & sorry if i gave you a bum steer with these destruction's  

when i've done it i put seeds direct in soil , no soak , not for any real reason apart from the same thinking as you 

" will this some how wash off if soaked " , your guess is as good as mine 

I got some Hermies, will this method make them fem?

i did chat with a guy on jorge cervantes forums some time back 

he mentioned he tried the banana method with hermi seeds 

said he got all girls & no herm's , he also didn't seem to enthusiastic

about his all girl no herm outcome , go figure ! 

Best of luck. 2 is hardly a decent sample size to test the method I would think. I have had 70-80% females recently over 10\12 seeds

thanks carb ... definitely isn't a very good sample size at all ... if proving a method. i'm just trying to get girls. :)

for me, itchy's already done enough testing ...

nice ratio of females though mate ...

Edited by pug1010

hey mate good luck with it 

as carb said not real scientific but hey if ya get 2 girls it's a good thing regardless

of why or how you got 2 girls 

i might have fucked up on these destruction's , i mean instructions lol   

i tend to try & keep the wet bit of the peal away from the seeds , i sit the peels at the bottom of the bag 

wet side down , although the bottom peel is wet side up for the preservation of the paper bag , the peels 

close to the seeds are wet side away from them while they sit on top in the strainer 

i also didn't put the bag in the fridge , might have mentioned putting it on top of the fridge maybe & 

i def mentioned the process of ripening fruit in cool rooms by pumping the cool room with X amount of ethylene 

i generally leave the bag out in a dark-ish spot at room temp , maybe a lill above , in saying that i'm not sure the fridge will make any diff 

just never tried it to really know & sorry if i gave you a bum steer with these destruction's  

when i've done it i put seeds direct in soil , no soak , not for any real reason apart from the same thinking as you 

" will this some how wash off if soaked " , your guess is as good as mine 

i did chat with a guy on jorge cervantes forums some time back 

he mentioned he tried the banana method with hermi seeds 

said he got all girls & no herm's , he also didn't seem to enthusiastic

about his all girl no herm outcome , go figure ! 

no worries itchy ... just me not being clear - the title probably gave it away. :)

i've put the seeds in the strainer and then wrapped the strainer in banana leaves - the inside, wet bit against the outside of the strainer - shouldn't be touching the seeds ... hopefully. i can always put the wet bit facing outward and against the paper bag.

also ... put the paper bag on top of the fridge, but reckon still a bit hot here ... so will just put it on the pantry.:)

more later, as things progress. as a heads up ... i will be stressing these poor affies a fair bit in the first 4 weeks with topping, main-lining and defoliating - so if even one girl eventuates ... i'll be stoked.

yeah i tried to keep the moisture away from the seed cos didn't want the seed to half germinate if get wet or get moldy 

just want to trap the ethylene in the paper bag but not to much of the composting process of the peel , just letting the seeds sit in a high ethylene environment 

make sure you change those peels regularly 

pantry is good 

will be keeping an eye out for this thread 

thx itchy ... have re-done it so peel wet side is away from strainer outside.:)

will change the peels often. good thing i like bananas.

no expectations mate ... would seem silly not to do it, from my point of view - nothing to lose, but heaps to gain.

• Upvote 1