Undermount /floor supplement lighting idea?

Hey crew

Was thinking the other week when I was cutting off all the small popcorn branches underneath what a bloody waste of good bud sites they are and I wonder if anyone has tried using LED strip lighting under the pots or run between pots to increase yield underside of the plants ?

Maybe not worth the electricity or heat factors I suppose but just food for thought has anyone tried something like this instead of side lighting ?

Feel free to shoot me down but just thinking of ways for more bud !

philips make a horticultural LED specifically for this.  pricey, but perhaps worth a go.

I have noticed with the no till soil I have one plant growing in at the moment, that even the small popcorn buds hidden down the bottom are rock hard little nuggets... not that whispy shit you would normally just chuck in with the leaf trim.. 

Hang a 250w hps vertically

Hey Pedro

I’m new to the grow scene and loving making my own !

May be a stupid question but I’ve heard of people saying get vertical shades etc is there a difference to just hanging a normal adjust a wing on its side or with the cmh ballast/hoods hanging them on their side or are the reflectors built specifically for horizontal ? Seems dumb now I’ve even asked lol [emoji23]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

What pedro is suggesting is dropping a bulb vertically in the centre of your plants without a reflector.

Like this but much smaller

cb-1.png

A 250 HPS without reflector can get very close to the girls without burning them, If I were to do this I'd build a cage around the globe out of chicken wire to stop the girls from getting to close and blow a shit load of air upwards, around the globe to even out temps.

Wow !

Awesome idea now I get what you mean :)

I have a spare 250 I might give that a shot

Yeah with led strips I don’t know much about LeDs in general so thought maybe someone could get rich off making them hahaha

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app