Pot size recommendation

Righto boys & girls.  I've got myself 4/11/26L Geopots in hand.  I ordered the 11L before people suggested they weren't necessary, but I'll find some use for them.  I also have 90L of SS/LOS soil, 60L new and cooking now.  Santa's beard has showed up, so were on the way.  Tent is built and schmancy new light tested.  Potent and purty!  I also grabbed an Exhale CO2 bag on impulse.  So everything is pretty much ready to go and keep your eyes out for a diary starting soon.  I'll soak the beans in the next couple days....

Righto boys & girls.  I've got myself 4/11/26L Geopots in hand.  I ordered the 11L before people suggested they weren't necessary, but I'll find some use for them.  I also have 90L of SS/LOS soil, 60L new and cooking now.  Santa's beard has showed up, so were on the way.  Tent is built and schmancy new light tested.  Potent and purty!  I also grabbed an Exhale CO2 bag on impulse.  So everything is pretty much ready to go and keep your eyes out for a diary starting soon.  I'll soak the beans in the next couple days....

A lot of people I speak with always want to use smaller containers... But you will be greatly rewarded in larger soil volume per plant. I'm sure most here would agree 50L per plant is a good place to start for uninhibited root growth and efficient nutrient cycling from a healthy soil food web. Plant vigour and yields are noticeably better from 27L pots. You have to supplement with teas, fulvic acid, hydrolysate etc in smaller containers which starts to defeat the purpose of a living soil at that stage imo.
  • Upvote 1