Phylos Genetic Testing

Has anyone in Aus given this a try? It should be completely legal as Phylos requires you to wash the stem/genetic material 3 times in isopropyl alcohol to prevent positives if they are pulled through customs.

This method was implemented to be able to cross states and go through mail centres in the US where they do occasionally test and infrequently search and test for trace amounts.

I've just ran through my 4th generation of genetics and am thinking of buying one and testing it out myself ($300 fkn pop :/) before I consider contacting them enquiring about larger order of a half dozen at a discounted bulk price.

I've worked hard, really hard, sweated it out in my 40+ centigrade/celaius heat, cared for a ridiculous amount of males and females only for a large portion to be composted or gone through the motions of bringing them to flower then have no use for the genetics (although the cash is always a plus, its always sold well below market value anyway, can safely say people in my town are getting pissed) and then also searched almost possibly thousands of plants for the best outliers to compliment the few unique lineages combining different traits that I've tried to even harder to cultivate and stabilize.

So before I go further I'm really, really keen on finding out what the heck I actually have in my couple prized lines. Seeming as I started from around 100-200 seeds, all collected and sourced from many mates in 3 different states (SA, NSW, VIC[i reside in an economic and transport hub for these three states which itself helped greatly]) and as such acquired seeds from a massive genetic diversity of cannabis.

I could have possibly bres a crazy feral mix of everything, brought out the best and most unique aspects or I may of accidentally just recreated and stabilized a strain that's already been worked on(which is actually my worst fear and has kept me up at night a few times)

So yeah any experiences, input, opinions, advice, even constructive criticism is welcome concerning the Phylos Genetic Testing kits or even other testing kits/facilities locally here in Aust or abroad, Asia/US maybe, MAYBE Europe.

Cheers everyone

- Benn0

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Yeah but Phylos is hardly complete.

Or can you say it's perhaps correct.

Lots of people not submitting anything cos they don't trust it.

Issues with copyright perhaps.

Plus I have heard that many don't believe some of the info as they reckon it just doesn't fit etc.

Until it all settles down over there and they get lots more in to analyse I reckon I wouldn't put much in it.

Would be interesting to see what hits they would get.

What's your strain like?

What's your criteria for picking a male?

How many seeds in a run for selection and testing?

• Upvote 2

You’ve bred thousands of plants ? Over what sort of timeframe ? I

no not bred thousands of plants, possibly sorted through thousands over the years, not all where brought to full flower

i couldnt tell you the amount of crosses ive made as ive taken pollen from different males and pollinated different stems of a plant to get a selection of seed.

ive still got ridiculous amount of seed stockthat id love to be able to plant out an entire hectare. but itll have to wait.

Never mind, just read your intro thread stating you commenced breeding this season.....

i started to take it serious this season, i have work that i didnt really take as serious as i am now, but its still work ive kept close to me

actually last night as i wrote this post i couldnt decide between hundreds or thousands, i threw in thousands, it could very well be close to a single thousand, but im not for keeping track. so if itll keep your bullshit radar out of my thread then think of it as hundreds

this is the fourth time ive edit this post, its really bugging me that you have no imagination that this is possible or your paranoid as fuck and are one of them domestic terrorist strawmen that think there is a new world order to enslave the human race and anything your told is automatically rejected as lies.

Its very possible to get to a 4th gen cross in a year under hydroponics and still have sorted through a fuckload of genetics, let alone over ten lazy ass years of just being a curious gardener and not taking anything really seriously.

Edited by benn0
  • Upvote 2

Yeah but Phylos is hardly complete.

Or can you say it's perhaps correct.

Lots of people not submitting anything cos they don't trust it.

Issues with copyright perhaps.

Plus I have heard that many don't believe some of the info as they reckon it just doesn't fit etc.

Until it all settles down over there and they get lots more in to analyse I reckon I wouldn't put much in it.

Would be interesting to see what hits they would get.

What's your strain like?

What's your criteria for picking a male?

How many seeds in a run for selection and testing?

i get exactly where your coming from, genetic analysis is still in its infantcy and until they start to incorporate billions of samples its going to be off, they regularly get samples that are completely different and ping as the same plant. Its just like that ancestry and 23andme dna test. they only look and less than 1% of the entire genonome and look for mutations that would indicate lineage, and just because where they look has markers that match something different, doesnt mean that entire genome is a result of a recent common ancester

phylos is pushing big on the copyright issue, in the states its legal to copyright and patent enzymes and now dna, they are pushing intellectual property defence if there ever is a claim to come up in court. throw what i said in the paragraph above at a jury and must of the jurors wouldnt have the foggiest.

Edited by benn0
  • Upvote 1

no not bred thousands of plants, possibly sorted through thousands over the years, not all where brought to full flower

i couldnt tell you the amount of crosses ive made as ive taken pollen from different males and pollinated different stems of a plant to get a selection of seed.

ive still got ridiculous amount of seed stockthat id love to be able to plant out an entire hectare. but itll have to wait.

i started to take it serious this season, i have work that i didnt really take as serious as i am now, but its still work ive kept close to me

actually last night as i wrote this post i couldnt decide between hundreds or thousands, i threw in thousands, it could very well be close to a single thousand, but im not for keeping track. so if itll keep your bullshit radar out of my thread then think of it as hundreds

this is the fourth time ive edit this post, its really bugging me that you have no imagination that this is possible or your paranoid as fuck and are one of them domestic terrorist strawmen that think there is a new world order to enslave the human race and anything your told is automatically rejected as lies.

Its very possible to get to a 4th gen cross in a year under hydroponics and still have sorted through a fuckload of genetics, let alone over ten lazy ass years of just being a curious gardener and not taking anything really seriously.

Rightio then :)

• Upvote 1

I think what Billy is trying to ask is probably more pertaining to the individual aspects of the strain.

I assumed (and maybe billy too) that the large number you mentioned was in the line of the strain you need.

Which makes it impressive, that you have been through a good few hundred in that strains lineage.

Chill out man, it's all good. We are all growers here so have that in common.

You grow, I grow, billy grows too, most people here do. (There's a song here to the tune of the oompla Loompa tune)

You grow, I grow, Billy grows too...

I'm stuck for the next line....anyone?

Wonder if I'm loosing it a bit eh?

Post of the year so far, well put benn0, especially the bit after ya edited 4 times 

billy doesn't believe anyone, he's a bit of a flog lol lol 

• Upvote 1