• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Seed making

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

puggle6

puggle6

Stoned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

Then you do a trial grow run of them

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

They are all slightly different, so although they may have stable phenotypes. Selfing them gives you a mirror of that particular plant (that you don't know the whole story about because you can't have grown it out) and will have regressive pheno's that can and will show in the progeny

It's why so many people do not like autos, as a photo clone is always identical to the mother so you have that genetic material locked down

With autos you can go backwards, crossing and breeding autos is a different thing altogether and you are trying to give the progeny the best of both parents.

After testing and weeding out the undesirable plants and ensuring stability and having a large sample of the best plants, then turn several of the best and pollenate the rest will give the most uniform and stable offspring

Fk I was wasted last night, babbling about seed theory lol

As an example.. my cross was a red coloured Ruby mother to a "white" Stone Dragon male (can also be black) Very hard to pick coloured males.

Both plants were perfect in every way but here's what's happened.

I'm getting quite a few Rudialis throwbacks with 3 fingers, very little in the way of satilite branching but they are very very fast, I've also lost the color. It will be there, I just haven't found it yet (will isolate that when it shows)

So Ruby Dragon is a work in progress, I need more branching and structure and as part of Ruby and Stone Dragon linage uses crosses with Sweet seeds, so I chose Mohan Ram, Ruby, SD and Ruby Dragon are still considered coloured and haven't had any white in it for a while so Mohan Ram brings that back to it. (Although I might loose more color lol)

So Ram Dragon will be the one I work with to get all the undesirable traits out and stabilise and call my own and essentially ready for release to the wider canna community in either auto reg form for testing or when all variables are accounted for.. sale

Then I'll be making 1:1 THC/CBD crosses, XXL crosses etc

I've been at it now for 2 years and probably won't have a release for at least another year.

It's really difficult to fully explain as I've pretty much self taught the theory and things I'm seeing at times make me wonder if I'm moving forward or wasting my time

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

puggle6

puggle6

Stoned

• Members
  • 713 Posts:
Anyhoo, I not ragging on what anyone does with their grows, be it auto, photo, LED, HID, fkn soil or Coco it's all good!

I do what I do because it works for me and breeding the bastards fkn fascinates me and probably keeps me from completely losing my mind

pedro de pacas

pedro de pacas

tnuc

• Members
  • 14582 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

Good for you puggles, its a great hobby

sometimes i like to breed them, but only if its something worth the time

me cats piss x pollen chucked strain is as good as most shit I've tried, had i female what i called cats piss from a mate, and 3 unknown males from me old strain base(good shit lol)

let them do there own thing in the same outdoor garden bed, been growing a few out every year since

have chucked some pollen at the offspring, they are as good as most shit i've tried from elsewhere as well 

mind you I've tried fuck all shit from elsewhere lol lol lol and non till 2016, except what some tnuc brings around 

much prefer me own shit 

puggle6

puggle6

Stoned

• Members
  • 713 Posts:
For sure Pedro

K9 should definitely self that bitch and get more seeds to play with, was just highlighting the limitations of selfing a single auto.

The seed banks grow out heaps and weed out the duds and selectivity self the entire room to ensure uniform progeny and phenotypes, you see it go wrong from time to time when an otherwise reputable seed breeder/bank gets sloppy and customers get pissed at what they got vs what they expected lol

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7134 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun
Will do, love toying around with strains, then watch the new beans grow out.

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7134 Posts:

For sure Pedro

K9 should definitely self that bitch and get more seeds to play with, was just highlighting the limitations of selfing a single auto.

The seed banks grow out heaps and weed out the duds and selectivity self the entire room to ensure uniform progeny and phenotypes, you see it go wrong from time to time when an otherwise reputable seed breeder/bank gets sloppy and customers get pissed at what they got vs what they expected lol

Eg: fast duds I'm buds lol

puggle6

puggle6

Stoned

• Members
  • 713 Posts:
Fast buds had a marketing brain fart also and the canna community really gave them a hard time, not sure what happened to their QA as that seemed to suffer not long after the stealing people's pics etc

The funniest one was Stitch, he royally fked up what started out as a reasonable Indy breeder.

Super autos that didn't auto, all manner of issues, shit taking 150days to finish etc

Swine actually hunted him down and called his house and his mum (mom) took the phone to his bedroom!

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7134 Posts:
Lmfao lol

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.