All in one CMH 315 lights

Howdy. Might anyone use, or have used, 315W lights with the built in ballasts, inside a grow tent?

There are some great prices going for these lights at the mo, and I've been keen to have three of these set up in a 2.4 x 1.2 tent for a while.

But the thought of the ballasts inside the tent does put me off...added heat and all.

Would anyone here have some experience with this?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I have a 315W D-Pap.

Ballast is built in.

Which particular brand of light are you looking at ?

https://www.u-buy.com.au/catalog/product/view/id/5618859/s/vivosun-315w-ceramic-metal-halide-cmh-cdm-grow-light-fixture-etl-li?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp9_D6If_4AIVgTgrCh3SvQgIEAYYASABEgKUcvD_BwE

This popped up recently. The price really got my attention, although maybe it's a little too cheap...

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Might as well buy the unit with the bulb, prob be cheaper would it not? I think the bulbs are nearly half the price of that unit.

That price is without bulb in your link just to FYI if you hadn’t seen. Try get a vertical hanging hood too for the bulb, read these are better

Edited by bakedcake