At the end buds browning

As Billy states those white hairs will brown off and 'Some' do harvest once they turn brown

BUT

If you leave her the buds swell internally as new hairs develop within the bud, then they burst forward. What she's trying to do is attract pollen to those sticky white hairs. If she isn't pollinated that process keeps repeating.

Personally I allow mine to go through this process 3 times, which usually takes around 12 weeks of 12/12, then I flush for up to 5 days and harvest

Old skool grows went by hair colour (approx. 8wk), new skool go by trichome colour (approx. 10wk), but even newer skool again wait even longer (approx 12week)

You can go solely by hair colour or as Aqua shows you can go solely by trichome or as I suggest/recommend you can weight/wait even longer, it really is up to you and what type of smoke you are after.

Me, I want a narcotic type stone, something that welds my arse to the lounge. For me personally I use my smoke as a pain management tool due to a brain tumour and I need a heavy stone, so I wait.

But in all honesty after the 8week mark or the first browning of the hairs (You need at least one browning or the smoke will taste young) the choice is 100% yours.

The longer you leave her the better imo. The extra maturity is well worth it both in the taste and wait/weight.

Merl1n

EDIT: Now, now children settle down. Maturity is what each grower determines themselves and so are their attitudes towards each other. It's Saturday and Kindergarten has closed for the weekend. So behave the pair of you.

Billy YOU should know better and Aqua don't be adding salt to his wounded ego, it ain't gonna help lol

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 5

Bullshit( sorry merl1n lol), old school growers go off when its finished, commercial growers rip them out early 

The below is not aimed at anyone, FFS no one get offended lol

If ya want to be stoned run a strain that will get you stoned, if you want to be high as a kite, grow something that will get ya there 

then ya start playing with timing the harvest, but at least wait till the fuckers put some weight on 

everyone should at least once, let a plant go and see what happens

the reason all the old stnuc rave about all the old shit, the Thai sticks, African and central american shit, is most of it was pulled early and was as racy and trippy as fuck 

a lot of old shit you could pull early and it still knocked ya head off, shit is not the same these days, to much cross pollution 

• Upvote 2