Persimilis experience?

So I’ve got the dreaded spider mite on one of my two outdoor ladies. Ordered 2000 Persimilis and released around 10 days ago.

The spider mites still seem to out number the Persimilis by a fair amount. Basically I turn over leaves and still see mites but very rarely see any Persimilis?

Anyone else had experience with the effectiveness?

I was going to order more but not sure if I’m being impatient.

• Upvote 1

Never had a use or experience of these little predators. Had a look at them though and came across this article. I found the alert for cannabis at the bottom of the page interesting.

https://greenmethods.com/persimilis/

They look really interesting and effective for a bio treatment, will keep them in mind for future reference. I would say they may be more effective in a closed grow tent than in the wild where food may be more abundant.

Thank you for the useful information. Sorry I can't help in your specific case.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I got them from bugs for bugs. Very fast shipping. They come in a small plastic container filled with vermiculite. Don’t do what I did and pour over plants. It sticks to the plant and is hard to get off. Pour into folded paper and stick low in the canopy.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

I used them about a month ago then last week I decided to try the Californicus and they seem to work better in this heat. They hang around longer. I'm seeing hardly any spider mites left and still live Californicus walking around and on the post pack tube. Yes you're right, don't sprinkle on. I'm still picking bits of vermic off as I smoke my rescued buds! Now I have the tube in my humidity dome with the clones. The preditors love it humid and are staying around much longer than those slack ass over priced persimilis.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Also I think the tube is better than the bottle that the persimilis came in. I keep it in under the canopy with some vermiculite still inside so they use it as a base. Mist your mulch around it and move it from plant to plant each day to ensure they are on all your plants. I'd get some just to be safe. Unlike fertiliser or chemical spray where less is more. With these bugs more is more! You'll be happier with Californicus trust me. They'll hang around and scout your plants into the future.

• Upvote 1

Also I think the tube is better than the bottle that the persimilis came in. I keep it in under the canopy with some vermiculite still inside so they use it as a base. Mist your mulch around it and move it from plant to plant each day to ensure they are on all your plants. I'd get some just to be safe. Unlike fertiliser or chemical spray where less is more. With these bugs more is more! You'll be happier with Californicus trust me. They'll hang around and scout your plants into the future.

I looked into californicus last run when I had mite issues just to find the fucker won't post to WA cos of our shit biosecurity restrictions. Gid damn nanny state.