Deep water culture pot sizes

Jimboss83

Thanks for the replies .... in that case might go with the 50L black storage containers just to make sure the roots have enough space I’m thinking .

If I put the clones / seeds into rockwool cubes would you recommend transplanting small cube (40mm sq) into the larger rockwool (100mm sq) for extra stability or just put the small rockwool straight into a netted hydro pot ?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Thanks for the replies .... in that case might go with the 50L black storage containers just to make sure the roots have enough space I’m thinking .

If I put the clones / seeds into rockwool cubes would you recommend transplanting small cube (40mm sq) into the larger rockwool (100mm sq) for extra stability or just put the small rockwool straight into a netted hydro pot ?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Usually use the 40mm rockwool cubes. Once clones have taken and have roots protruding a inch or so (25mm-50mm) out of the bottom, they got into 4 or 5 inch netted pots with clayballs. I have special tub I made that holds 6 clones and raise them in there until the roots hang out of the pots by 4 to 6 inches(100mm-150mm). Then into the buckets from there..

Used rockwool for many years. Never had any troubles or lost any clones while using them in the process.

The 18-22c is optimum, you can sneak above that occasionally up to 26c, but not for prolonged periods of time otherwise you will have problems with discolouring, root rot, etc..

The trick I found that works for me is have the reservoir out of the grow room, and sitting directly on cool concrete slab with a aerator bubbling away. But come Summer, I'd usually shut down the show for the 2-4 months as the temps crept and stayed above the 26 constantly which is no good foe RDWC.

I'm too much of a tight-arse to invest in a water cooler.

Edited by Indycar
  • Upvote 2