Help needed with grow tent

Hi guys. Trying to fine tune my tent (1x1x2m)

Ive just got a heater and humidifier for thse tent however i think my exhaust is to strong for them to take affect.

Humidity has gone up by 5% but temp hasnt moved. Im using one if those rod heaters 80w

Can this happen ? I dont have any fan controller on my exhaust

Cheerspost-64901-155056453995_thumb.jpegpost-64901-155056454713_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hi Cab00se :)

The rh should be pretty easy to sort out once you get a bit more into your grow. You're in a good place. It's always nicer to have a cool tent, than a hot one. Instead of a heater or in conjunction with it, you can use more lights or stronger lights - HIDs will heat up your tent very quickly. By your pictures it looks like you might be growing in soil. If you are, then get your future pot or pots in the tent, put in your soil (remember to fully hydrate your peat if mixing a soil batch) and plant a cover crop - fenugreek is my favourite. Water the final pots as well until they are heavy, but no run-off. This increases rh like PhatNugz's jug of water suggestion. The cover crop will also get the microbial action going in your soil and will transpire when growing which will also add a bit of moisture into the air. Just sprinkle the fenugreek seeds over the soil - give it heaps and cover with about 1cm of soil - they grow like crazy. When ready to transplant from your seedling pots, just chop and drop the cover crop - it will work nicely as mulch.  The organic forum has heaps of info on this stuff, if interested.

As to your fan situation ... the canfan you have is also a good one - it can basically use any type of controller. You could buy a variac for total control, but it is exxy. If you can spare around $90, you can pick up a good sms controller with temp sensor: https://www.aquagardening.com.au/smscom-fan-controller-6-5-amp. The temp sensor can be hooked up if needed on your fan to only come on when your desired temp is reached ... you also can go without it, if easier. I prefer this kind of setup to a fan with three speed settings, as it allows you to find the sweet spots of quiet motor noise and adequate extraction.

hope it helps :)

Hi Cab00se :)

The rh should be pretty easy to sort out once you get a bit more into your grow. You're in a good place. It's always nicer to have a cool tent, than a hot one. Instead of a heater or in conjunction with it, you can use more lights or stronger lights - HIDs will heat up your tent very quickly. By your pictures it looks like you might be growing in soil. If you are, then get your future pot or pots in the tent, put in your soil (remember to fully hydrate your peat if mixing a soil batch) and plant a cover crop - fenugreek is my favourite. Water the final pots as well until they are heavy, but no run-off. This increases rh like PhatNugz's jug of water suggestion. The cover crop will also get the microbial action going in your soil and will transpire when growing which will also add a bit of moisture into the air. Just sprinkle the fenugreek seeds over the soil - give it heaps and cover with about 1cm of soil - they grow like crazy. When ready to transplant from your seedling pots, just chop and drop the cover crop - it will work nicely as mulch. The organic forum has heaps of info on this stuff, if interested.

As to your fan situation ... the canfan you have is also a good one - it can basically use any type of controller. You could buy a variac for total control, but it is exxy. If you can spare around $90, you can pick up a good sms controller with temp sensor: https://www.aquagardening.com.au/smscom-fan-controller-6-5-amp. The temp sensor can be hooked up if needed on your fan to only come on when your desired temp is reached ... you also can go without it, if easier. I prefer this kind of setup to a fan with three speed settings, as it allows you to find the sweet spots of quiet motor noise and adequate extraction.

hope it helps :)

Thanks pug1010 awsome info im actually growing in coco so not sure if the first option is possible however ill definatly look into that sms contoller. So does that mean the extractor doesnt always have to be on ?

Cheers

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app