Melbourne Water

Hi Guys,

I'm about to start my first hydro crop and I have a question about water. I've been reading that demineralised or distilled water should be used for hydro nutrients but I can't see myself forking out for 50 litres of water everytime I want to change over my reservoir. What do you experienced growers recommend? Should I just bite the bullet and go down the bought water route?

I'll be growing in an ebb and flow system using clay balls as medium in the South East of Melbourne. I've got a pH and EC meter on the way for measurements.

Thanks,

thegolfer

Your in hydro,, if you were organic and don't want to kill microorganisms in your soil then degassing would be suitable ,,

Its not going to matter with hydro ,,tap water has always done me fine.plants probably like it.

Matter of fact chlorine is a micronutrient,,

but don't go feeding your plant from the pool it'd have too much of the shit in it.

Your in hydro,, if you were organic and don't want to kill microorganisms in your soil then degassing would be suitable ,,

Its not going to matter with hydro ,,tap water has always done me fine.plants probably like it.

Matter of fact chlorine is a micronutrient,,

but don't go feeding your plant from the pool it'd have too much of the shit in it.

Thanks mate. It's interesting that chlorine is a micronutrient; I had no idea it was that abundant in nature. I'm basically just going off of what I've read/watched on YouTube. None of that beats experience so I'm grateful for the advice. If I had a pool it'd be so full of rotting leaves the water would be great for plants.

I've started a diary of my first crop so you can track my attempts there.