• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics
Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products

Photo

Green Crack autoflowering

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

PhatNugz

PhatNugz

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 Posts:
Main reason is to get flowers finished outdoors during the photo's veg season.
Much smaller in height, is also a bonus for me.
Where i live i rekon i could pull a perpetual year round harvest. Great gowing temps pretty much all year round. It's just the hours of light that bugger me up.
Just interested to try them I guess.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by PhatNugz, 11 February 2019 - 07:08 PM.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

PhatNugz

PhatNugz

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 Posts:

Hi

I was wondering if anyone is aware of an Australia seed supplier ( domesic only ) , that sells Green Crack autoflowering seeds. I have seen many off-shore breeders sell Green Crack autoflowering. In Australia the only domestic supplier I have seen they has Green Crack Female seeds ( non-auto ) is Aussie Canna seeds. I am unsure of thier reputaion. Does anyone know of any suppliers that sell Green Crack autoflowering.

Cheers all.

DS, if you don't mind me asking, why are you keen on an auto grow?

billygoat

billygoat

• Banned
  • 6868 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: LOTS

Pedro, you never mentioned your Cousin Pablo was a seed seller ?

Hempy SOG   ---   2018 SAL grow   ---    2016 indoor grow.   ---    2015 outdoor grow.    ---    2014 Sweet Seeds Autoflower grow.     

AquaDolly

AquaDolly

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1534 Posts:
Um even I've grown high thc autos so why say autos are low thc? Yes I agree autos are convenient but we're lucky in Australia 1 decent season and even me (yes talking to you Billy ) can get over a years supply easily. Growers like GQ or even Pedro have and the other experienced growers put most of what you wrote to shame with their knowledge.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

DeiterSchlesinger

DeiterSchlesinger

Vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:None

Just more suited to my situation and experience at the moment. There are pro's and con's I know. 

:)

"The evidence, as well as the key to understanding, lies within your own experience – and nowhere else."

Kindest Regards

Deiter

:yinyang: 

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 6039 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Lighting: All

Just more suited to my situation and experience at the moment. There are pro's and con's I know. 

If it's lack of experience your better off growing photoperiods.

And for meds don't expect autos to live up to photoperiods of the same name.
Otherwise you will be sadly disappointed.

DeiterSchlesinger

DeiterSchlesinger

Vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:None

If it's lack of experience your better off growing photoperiods.

And for meds don't expect autos to live up to photoperiods of the same name.
Otherwise you will be sadly disappointed.

These are just some info, I have come across so far, right or wrong, there are clearly some pro’s and con’s. So;

The photoperiod vs. autoflowers debate isn’t new it seems.  Growers have taken their sides and arguments are rampant everywhere. While you could grow both types, the goal is to choose something more effective right?

I am little confused by your response . But you said if “ If it's lack of experience your better off growing photo-periods. “
From what I have read ( not experienced ) , Auto’s are most often suggested for beginners, not photo-periods.

https://2fast4buds.c...row-Autoflowers

There was a big difference in photoperiod and autoflowers when the first autoflower called Lowryder was released. Photoperiod cannabis strains boasted of at least 15 percent THC back then and autoflowers were no match for them.
However, things have changed, and how! The autoflowers released in the recent years are every bit as potent as photoperiods. Take Gorilla Glue Auto, for example. With over 24 percent THC, they are certainly as good as photoperiod plants. Some autoflowers exceed photoperiod strains in potency now! Yeah, that’s how far autoflowers have progressed!

“And for meds don't expect autos to live up to photoperiods of the same name.
Otherwise you will be sadly disappointed. “
Meds, as in medication?
 The autoflowers released in the recent years are every bit as potent as photoperiods. Take Gorilla Glue Auto, for example. With over 24 percent THC, they are certainly as good as photoperiod plants
However they are still crossed with a Ruderalis which in turn has to reduce the overall potenty. That said, you would need to be a very seasoned smoker to tell the difference between the pp and auto versions of some strains.

I did like this description from a photo-period fan; over Auto’s ( made sense )

“ I don't like autos. Well, I shouldn't say I don't like them but I'd prefer regular seeds any day. It's like driving a car; if I'm just going from A to B, don't give a shit just blah and get there an auto is alright. But if you want to be in control and actually drive the car, control all aspects of it, tell it what to do when, take the stick (manual). I like to be in control.”

The ruderalis gene is recessive and will show it's head but you have to breed out any other traits and keep working the strains for potency which is difficult with autos, far more difficult than it is with photos.However they are still crossed with a Ruderalis which in turn has to reduce the overall potenty. That said, you would need to be a very seasoned smoker to tell the difference between the pp and auto versions of some strains.

I can see both sides of the debate have merit.

AquaDolly

AquaDolly

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1534 Posts:
Can that be shortened. It went on and on and on.
I grow both. A few autos in the last of the off season. All depends on the strain and personal preference with anything.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 6039 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Lighting: All
Why you'd be disappointed is because autos do not have and will not have consistency like a photo plant .

Don't know why you gave connection to my post with " the auto debate "
It's not about being an auto lover or hater,,,,,,it's just fact.
autos can't be bakcrossed to retain consistency like can be done with photoperiods.
I was trying to help.

Today's auto green crack won't be the same as next years..

I'm sure most people growing for meds ( medication) would prefer- require something consistent.
I know that I would.

My meaning of consistency with meds is not just the THC content, it's the whole makeup of cannabinoids that give that strain its individuality.
An auto only has some similarities ,

puggle6

puggle6

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
That's not exactly true SE,

Most commercial seed breeders use a photo clone and an auto male to create a new line and then work them to F4 and self a healthy population before release

Further batches of seed can be backcrossed to produce a consistent new batch of seeds, this is viable for approx 4 years if done correctly

You are correct though, consistency does vary as even the best autos tend to vary more than a stable photoperiod.

Not all photo breeders are working with mothers and elite clones either!

A lot of it has to do with the breeders QA, somthing that we as consumers often see when the breeder/seedbank gets it wrong

Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.