New ventilation for room and filter setup

Hi gang just a bit confused researching this - was hoping to find a pinned post of a previous one but no luck

I’m looking at a new carbon filter and canfan fan setup for my grow room as I’ve decided to remove my tent cause I was sick to death of smacking my head on lights and snapping branches trying to get around them in late flower cycle as I had to have it in a corner restricting access....

So it’s approx 15m3 (3.8Lx1.8wx2.4 high) which calculates to 530cubic feet .... then I read you divide that number by 3 to replace air every 3 mins ? So u look for a fan which is 176cfm.... plus 20 percent for carbon filter so a fan around 200cfm ..

See I’ve already confused myself and I know those numbers aren’t correct haha

thank you

Max fan pro 150, blauberg 150 or any 6 inch would probably work but I'd go a bigger fan in that area and just run it less rpm.

Decent 6 inch mixed flow do 300cfm easy

I like max fan, the pro 150 is a great fan, tried a blauberg recently and just as good,maybe quieter.

Will have to check numbers, seems low for that area.

Edited by Carbcon
  • Upvote 1

If was me i would go a 250mm fan and filter, you are better off with over kill rather then be under powered, the more air flow the better.

There is a saying a poor man spends twice and a rich man spends once, in other words go bigger rather smaller and have to spend again to get the bigger because the smaller dident cut it...

• Upvote 1