Starting from just one seed

Tangles

Hi all

Complete noob here. Have had a successful germination as of yesterday from the one, lone seed that was by luck found in the dregs of my stash. Have my fingers crossed that the plant will be female. Would like to know if what I have read online about males growing seed pods actually means that I will be able to harvest those seeds and potentially from them grow a female. Or if I should just bin it and look elsewhere to get hold of more seeds.

Thanks

Tangy

Welcome aboard, a male plant dose not produce seeds its the pollen the male drops that will make a female make seeds. you may b lucky that the sed u have is female but if male it not much good for anything.

Best bit of advice i can give u is do lots or reading on the boards and google things you want to know, then come back and ask things u quite dont understand and we will do our best to set u on the rite path...

• Upvote 1

Indoors, sorry should have mentioned! :)

The little seed has just sprouted, although I'm worried it looks a little sick. It seems to have nice moist soil without *too* much water, the temp is a steady 20degC and fairly humid. Have sprayed it a few times today with a light mist of water, but no nutrients or anything yet

Not quite sure what to do with light - will do some more reading on that, could that cause it to look a little sick this early?

Just tried to attach images but can't seem to do it - anyone able to tell me how? 

thank you all for your patience with this noob

High Tangles

we are going to ask you heaps of questions so we get the answer correct

what lights are you using and what soil type?

step away from your seedling 

the #1 killer of seedlings is too much love

can you find a slightly warmer place to grow the seedling?

20c is slightly cool

stop spraying the seedling - it does not need it

right now your seedling is in the veg (vegetative) stage this is where the plant becomes bigger so that it can produce you flowers. 

the plant needs at least 18 hours per day of light to grow into a big plant - can be on for 24hrs during the veg stage 

for right now dont worry about the later stages of growth... only worry about getting the plant to that stage

I can't help with the techie stuff- someone else will come along and help you out so you can post photos
are you on the mobile version of the site or reg version?