Water quality

First of does anyone know if hm ec3 pen can be changed from us reading to ppm? What a prick of a unit. Sure it used to say ppm. Long story short my water tank run dry yesterday and looking for tne best alt water till we get some rain.

In any case my (funny looking u) us is reading 302 from my dam, 189 us from the tap, if I leave the tap water sitting a few days is that going to be the better Water? I've already asked a couple questions in another person's thread and got some great answers, just thought it was a bit rude continuing the conversation.

Started with 6 down to my last one now and she's a midget so really want to baby her from now on. With this heat I've started watering everyday feeding at 1000 us every 3

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by fatdog199

The only way to really know what is happening in your damn is to have the water tested professionally. They will give you a total break down of which minerals and pathogens are present.

Town water is supposed to be free of harmful minerals and pathogens within national and international specifications.

As stated in the other thread, Chlorine will burn off in town water, in an open clear container, in direct sunlight, in approx 24-48 hours.

Watering, the soil needs to be moist, not wet all the time, you can drown the plant, oxygen is needed in the soil.

Feeding, don't over feed small plants, you will kill them with kindness, it doesn't make them grow faster. You can increase food as the plant progresses in growth.

The only way to really know what is happening in your damn is to have the water tested professionally. They will give you a total break down of which minerals and pathogens are present.

Town water is supposed to be free of harmful minerals and pathogens within national and international specifications.

As stated in the other thread, Chlorine will burn off in town water, in an open clear container, in direct sunlight, in approx 24-48 hours.

Watering, the soil needs to be moist, not wet all the time, you can drown the plant, oxygen is needed in the soil.

Feeding, don't over feed small plants, you will kill them with kindness, it doesn't make them grow faster. You can increase food as the plant progresses in growth.

Thx for the reply again zen, I believe 1000 us is around 600 ppm so pretty weak, I was feeding once a week but was yellowing off, very low ph may have been the cause too I suppose. I brought a cheap moister meter it’s saying dry every morning hopefully it’s half accurate.

I filled an old bath yesterday so should be ready by tomorrow, thx for the advice on that one. Wanted to test the dam water on one and town on the other but unfortunately one of my pups thought it better used as a chew toy[emoji17]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app