Hey everyone I just have a quick question about flowering Outdoors, this is my 2nd outdoor grow so still a Newby.

I have 2 Feminized indicas [Grandaddy Purp] that I got from MSNL last year, which grew perfectly last grow.

But last time they were planted in the ground, not in 30L pots like this grow. I am trying to keep these two small by topping and a bit of LST. Due to privacy.

So I’m having another go at it.

My plants sprouted on November 11th 2018.

So 77 days ago (they’re 2 months, 16 days old)

And then I topped both plants (1 month, 11 days ago) at the 6th node I think. They recovered fairly slowly and had a couple minor issues which I’m assuming was from the heat wave and a few minor mistakes, but both are looking healthy now and getting better each day.

I’m just curious of when they might start to flower here in NSW.

I know it can vary strain to strain and location.

Just after a rough estimate so I have things ready.

I know we’ve past the summer solstice on the 22nd Dec just before christmas so the daylight hours should start becoming shorter.

Any estimate is appreciated, if anyone has any suggestion for good flowering nutrients please let me know!

Peace!

Edited by RickJames

Hey RickJames.

im in qld. my outdoor plants have just started to throw pre flowers and they were germinated on November 4.

A couple are starting to flower also, but quite a few are still stretching....

got a pic ?

Hey billygoat cheers for the reply mate!

I have got a photo from a week and a half ago.

They have stretched out a bit since this photo, and the yellow leaves did fall off but the new growth is nice and green and yellowing has basically stopped, I just had to fix a few mistakes.

Not sure if they are a bit small, but I had issues with money and buying supplies, so I’ve had to transplant these girls 3 times along with topping them which also slowed the growth a fair bit too.

Currently in 30L Fabric pots, are they likely to need bigger pots or could I get away with the ones I have until harvest?

post-62962-154848728118_thumb.jpg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by RickJames

Looks very small for their age... And hungry.

What is the soil mix ? what are you feeding them ?

I thought so,

my last grow were much healthier and bigger at this stage. But I had prepared better soil back then and they were in ground.

Due to not having much money this time round I had to go with a fairly cheap potting mix from Bunnings and mixed with perlite.

Currently have been using:

Seasol - every 2 weeks

GreenDream Grow - I was using this once a week which may be the issue as it’s a hydro nutrient? (label says suitable for soil) but it hasn’t gone too well compared to the Powerfeed I got from Bunnings last year.

Only tried FlairForm GreenDream because it was suggested.

I have tried mixing unsulphured blackstrap molasses with water once so far (was suggested)

Magnesium Chelate - Foliar spray, because the leaves were yellowing.

And occasionally Neem oil to avoid pests.

Last week I got fed up with the results of GreenDream and used Charlie Carp instead and they are looking a bit better.

I was thinking of using MiracleGro Maxfeed from now on.

Any thoughts?

Edited by RickJames

Cheers, I just wasn’t sure because when I was transplanting them from their smaller pots at the start I was always surprised by how quick the roots grew to fill the pot.

I was hoping the perlite and fabric pots would help let air into the soil.

Start feeding then some N heavy fert they starving. You don't want them to flower yet they tiny nut they will start throwing white hairs in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

You got fed up with the results of Greendream but only used it once a week ?

User error my friend.

Definitely my error, the label didn’t have any feeding schedule for soil and I just had no idea how often to be using it.

Ended up with N deficiency and got yellow leaves etc.

Last fert I used Charlie carp instead and they are looking greener and a bit healthier.