Heating issues - cooltube reflectors ?

Hi gang

Fuck just wrote 4 paragraphs and it deleted it all

Thanks for the advice about emojis and cut and paste boys lesson learnt - I’ll attach now what I originally wrote now I’ve had time to do it again hahaa

Ok so I’ll try again lol !

I’m in Perth

I have a shed made out of 50mm cool room paneling and in one closed off corner section about 3x2 with a door enclosing it and inside that section I’ve put my tent in which is 2.4 long , 1.5 wide and about 2m tall with all the usual equipment and water tank etc .

I currently have 2 vents on the roof with 125mm tails .

One of which draws cool air in via a fan of o one side of the tent and has the ducting low , and I’ve mounted a carbon filter and fan set up high with straps exhausting it out in the opposite corner .

I run either 3 600s to cover the spread adequately (could maybe get away with 2 but the middle plants receive less ) or I did try 2 600s with a 315cmh in the middle

Soooo the cool room was perfect during winter but since I don’t have an air con when it gets hot it stays hot ! I tried to put a Whirley bird in that room to help but if I left the tent slightly open or anything then it would smell out the entire neighbourhood haha - not good !

Question is my options

1) don’t grow during summer - not gonna happen lol

2) put an aircon in to help maintain temperature - wouldn’t be too bad as once the room is cool it has a 75mm thick cool room paneling roof

3) led - expensive setup and I’m happy with hps results and yields

4) cool tubes - possibly this scenario ???

If I chose 4 could I link from the carbon filter then attach to the 3 cool tubes in a daisy chain and exhaust out through the vent ? Or am I better off leaving carbon filter as explained already , and add another 2 vents on the roof and another fan to circulate cool area across the globes and straight to outside as it wouldn’t smell being sealed units ?

Having 4 roof vent cowls sticking on the shed might look suss being in the suburbs lol

Any help or advice appreciated I’ve only been starting this hobby the last 8 months and a few good cycles down so much to learn

Cheers !!

Edited by Jimboss83

Ok so I’ll try again lol !

I’m in Perth

I have a shed made out of 50mm cool room paneling and in one closed off corner section about 3x2 with a door enclosing it and inside that section I’ve put my tent in which is 2.4 long , 1.5 wide and about 2m tall with all the usual equipment and water tank etc .

I currently have 2 vents on the roof with 125mm tails .

One of which draws cool air in via a fan of o one side of the tent and has the ducting low , and I’ve mounted a carbon filter and fan set up high with straps exhausting it out in the opposite corner .

I run either 3 600s to cover the spread adequately (could maybe get away with 2 but the middle plants receive less ) or I did try 2 600s with a 315cmh in the middle

Soooo the cool room was perfect during winter but since I don’t have an air con when it gets hot it stays hot ! I tried to put a Whirley bird in that room to help but if I left the tent slightly open or anything then it would smell out the entire neighbourhood haha - not good !

Question is my options

1) don’t grow during summer - not gonna happen lol

2) put an aircon in to help maintain temperature - wouldn’t be too bad as once the room is cool it has a 75mm thick cool room paneling roof

3) led - expensive setup and I’m happy with hps results and yields

4) cool tubes - possibly this scenario ???

If I chose 4 could I link from the carbon filter then attach to the 3 cool tubes in a daisy chain and exhaust out through the vent ? Or am I better off leaving carbon filter as explained already , and add another 2 vents on the roof and another fan to circulate cool area across the globes and straight to outside as it wouldn’t smell being sealed units ?

Having 4 roof vent cowls sticking on the shed might look suss being in the suburbs lol

Any help or advice appreciated I’ve only been starting this hobby the last 8 months and a few good cycles down so much to learn

Cheers !!

I’m in Wa I don’t see to much of an issue with growing in Perth if you pull air through a cooltube through fan then out the carbon filter. As long as you’ve got heaps of air coming in and the air in the tent is constantly moving it shouldn’t be that much different than being outside in summer

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1

I'm in the north west... this heatwave is killing me... i have run mostly 4 600w hps through linked cooltubes and a 250mm isomax exhaust fan. My aircon runs flat out 24/7 lights on at night to take advantage of the cooler night temps. I still get temps up above 35. I am currently in the process of moving back towards perth where its much cooler and winter spring and autumn are not even an issue.

I have just bought my first set of quantum board LEDs and hope this will mean being able to turn the aircon off for the cooler months.

Simply put I use 2 3 and 4 and seriously considering 1 even... but might just go outdoors for summer from now on.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

I'm in the north west... this heatwave is killing me... i have run mostly 4 600w hps through linked cooltubes and a 250mm isomax exhaust fan. My aircon runs flat out 24/7 lights on at night to take advantage of the cooler night temps. I still get temps up above 35. I am currently in the process of moving back towards perth where its much cooler and winter spring and autumn are not even an issue.

I have just bought my first set of quantum board LEDs and hope this will mean being able to turn the aircon off for the cooler months.

Simply put I use 2 3 and 4 and seriously considering 1 even... but might just go outdoors for summer from now on.

Nice mate what boards ya end up going with? Will see a big heat reduction i reckon man. Even during the heat wave I can keep mine below 30-31
  • Upvote 1

Nice mate what boards ya end up going with? Will see a big heat reduction i reckon man. Even during the heat wave I can keep mine below 30-31

I ended up getting chinese imports... 2x 240W diy kits. Only problem was they sent some sort of qb304 variant with 4 660nm red led which were problematic. Caused 3 out of 4 boards to have faults... but to their credit they sent replacement qb288s which it should have been in the first place. All freight was priority shipping through Toll so got here pretty quick. We'll see how well they go after the move.