Urban Outdoor Grow

I'm in a capital city, not too far from the cbd. So it's pretty much suburbia. Outdoor at home is not an option at all due to properties being so close to each other.

There are however a few reserves around the place which have walking trails so some moderate foot traffic.

Has anyone done an outdoor grow in this type of area? It's prob 300m away from houses. On a bush walk now and thinking it might be doable if I prep the ground this year. Anyone had success like this or should I just stick to my indoor? More trouble than it's worth?

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

If you want to do a outdoor in suburbia just build a shade house. That's what I did and I can literally see the city from the house.

Around walking tracks could be a bit hard as people tend to go after their dogs if they run off or with missing person tracks are the first thing to be checked

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I'm in pretty much the same situation as you, middle of suburbia with a walking track though some hills not too far away.

I'd be more inclined to put up a shade cloth of some type and try it in my own backyard, cause otherwise yo have to go to the hassle of carting all the stuff you need out to the grow site + watering and semi-frequent visits.

And there are a lot of people who like to explore off beaten area's so you'd probably get found out pretty quick.

imho its not worth the overall hassle, unless you have acres in the middle of nowhere, stick to inside where you can control everything more and more security.

• Upvote 1

planted at this time of yr in backyard in a little shadehouse, you should get them to 3ft or so, a lot of bushy areas dont get enuf direct light, and carting water is a risk

Thanks all for your suggestions. My motivation is moreso to do something different on the side to my indoor grow with no expectations. You're right about the light situation. It's mostly gumtrees etc which only allow filtered light through and not open paddock type areas where I could get full sun. As far as risk goes, I think I could manage that. Being a reasonably travelled area I wouldn't look out of place going for a regular walk there and when no-one is looking to duck off to my own side trail to water them.

Ive also got a trail cam I might setup on a tree to check out the traffic.

Anyway, agree as far as being inconvenient compared to my indoor grow but it might be fun.

Sorry for the ramble...

MLG

• Upvote 1

Thanks all for your suggestions. My motivation is moreso to do something different on the side to my indoor grow with no expectations. You're right about the light situation. It's mostly gumtrees etc which only allow filtered light through and not open paddock type areas where I could get full sun. As far as risk goes, I think I could manage that. Being a reasonably travelled area I wouldn't look out of place going for a regular walk there and when no-one is looking to duck off to my own side trail to water them.

Ive also got a trail cam I might setup on a tree to check out the traffic.

Anyway, agree as far as being inconvenient compared to my indoor grow but it might be fun.

Sorry for the ramble...

MLG

Risk is the biggest reason I wouldn't. Lots of traffic means there could be lots of eyes on you without your knowing. It only takes one young cunt to rip your hard work or one old prude to dob you in then your house gets raidedand you lose your indoor aswell. Get a greenhouse MLG... even just a small one for one plant would be less risky and keep you occupied.