Hi everyone,

I asked on another thread about flowering and the topic changed a bit to the fact that I should probably repot my girls. Trouble is, they are in 30L pots already, they get thirsty every couple of days and should go into 50L pots. But HOW can I do this with minimal shock to the plants? Is there a good technique for this? And finally, next time, what size pot should I use prior to moving up to a 50L?

Thanks in advance for all your advice :-)

Just repot carefully .better to get it done now than later ,stress should be minimal if you use care ,the repot will reward you for it at harvest.

Best to repot when the medium is at its dryest,,this way the medium is light not heavy with water that makes clumps of medium and roots to fall away .water right after repotting.

And any size pot can be potted up to 50 lt. ,,,

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

I asked on another thread about flowering and the topic changed a bit to the fact that I should probably repot my girls. Trouble is, they are in 30L pots already, they get thirsty every couple of days and should go into 50L pots. But HOW can I do this with minimal shock to the plants? Is there a good technique for this? And finally, next time, what size pot should I use prior to moving up to a 50L?

Drill a shit load of holes in the 30L (being careful of roots) then slip that into the 50L and put soil to fill the edges ...... Just a thought

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hi everyone,

My inner pot I predrilled a shit load of holes so later I could transplant easy. post-64748-154761781048_thumb.jpeg

Fuck that, just pull it out and out it in the new pot.. way to restrictive.. can’t see that being of any use unless you are growing autos which apparently dislike being repotted.

Photo plants barely suffer any shock from a pot up..

It actually turned out great in different ways.

I filled the outer pot with 70% perlite, 20% peat moss, 10% Vermiculite to allow an area for roots to have more oxygen. I could also use the other pot just for fresh water run through.

Crazy ways.... maybe[emoji28]

if your in plastic pots this doesn't help you now but 

grow in fabric pots then do what greencoat said 

put smaller pot inside a bigger pot with the same mix 

roots will grow straight through the fabric

just as a rule thumb , no science here 

at least double the starting size , 7 gal to 15 gal 

i reckon 7g to 20g would be better 

imho the more soil the merrier 

don't forget to leave space 

for mulch / cover crop / top dressing