Cheapest way to grow?

Hi all,

Complete novice please be kind.

I’m a long time chronic arthritis and MS sufferer. Been taking prescription opioids for years.

A mate gave me a few joints of Afghani Kush and I was in tears as to the relief it gave me.

Now thinking of growing a couple of plants in garage but honestly have next to no $ to spend due to raising 2 kids on disability Pension so how can I do it super cheap? Outdoors is not possible. Have 1 window that gets 2-3 hrs direct sunlights per day. Thanks in advance ✌️

Build a DIY cupboard like I did.

Check out my grows for pics and info.

I got a small 40x40x1.6 single cupboard from the salvo shop, did a little bit of DIY magic installed a few fans and made my own light bar with old lamp fittings, and voila a working grow cupboard.

using a couple of 24w CFL's for lighting.

I still managed to pull between 1-2 ounces per grow, not much but that's what you get on a budget could possible get more if you tuned it in a bit more with LST etc.

otherwise you can order small tents and kits on ebay but you obviously end up spending more the less you diy. 

Edited by The Stoned Jester

Build a DIY cupboard like I did.

Check out my grows for pics and info.

I got a small 40x40x1.6 single cupboard from the salvo shop, did a little bit of DIY magic installed a few fans and made my own light bar with old lamp fittings, and voila a working grow cupboard.

using a couple of 24w CFL's for lighting.

I still managed to pull between 1-2 ounces per grow, not much but that's what you get on a budget could possible get more if you tuned it in a bit more with LST etc.

otherwise you can order small tents and kits on ebay but you obviously end up spending more the less you diy.

Awesome thanks so much for the info.

So that’s 40 x 40 cms?

What was the average grow time from seeding to smoke?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

hey purp i dunno what your budget is but i just brought 2 x 400wat HPS ballasts, globes, globe sockets and shields for 220, id figure out venting once you've figured out grow area, whether it be a dedicated room or a giant cupboard or a plywood setup which is what i recommend (sheets of plywood, either thick plywood or plywood to a pine frame) then ventilation setups and carbon filters on ebay can be about 110 depending of your size, then of course there is electricity but yeah were a bit stuffed here in aus where the govt pulled all research and development into renewables 5-10 years ago now were in a crisis because we never went on to develop renewables and its a big shambles, they want to throw money at the problem but the problem is policy. but i digress

im not sure of your ability but honestly creativity is key, outdoor is by far the cheapest, depending on location you could light dep by simply carrying a pot in at 5-6pm at night and putting it back out 9.30pm.

Hi purp

Have a look into Stoned Jesters grows, he has nailed growing on the cheap.

All you need to get a grow started is a few light globes - the new fluro type, they are strong enough to get a seed or two growing.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Thanks heaps for the info.

Yes he’s certainly mastered the art!!

hey purp i dunno what your budget is but i just brought 2 x 400wat HPS ballasts, globes, globe sockets and shields for 220, id figure out venting once you've figured out grow area, whether it be a dedicated room or a giant cupboard or a plywood setup which is what i recommend (sheets of plywood, either thick plywood or plywood to a pine frame) then ventilation setups and carbon filters on ebay can be about 110 depending of your size, then of course there is electricity but yeah were a bit stuffed here in aus where the govt pulled all research and development into renewables 5-10 years ago now were in a crisis because we never went on to develop renewables and its a big shambles, they want to throw money at the problem but the problem is policy. but i digress

im not sure of your ability but honestly creativity is key, outdoor is by far the cheapest, depending on location you could light dep by simply carrying a pot in at 5-6pm at night and putting it back out 9.30pm.

Thanks Benno you guys are a massive help [emoji106]