The dreaded dregs. Better, cleaner and safer smoking tips.

I’ve been messing around with the aweful pungent smelly Black Death that looms inside stems and smoking peices, well for years now whenever I hit the dry spell or money runs low. Now a lot of individual humans would commonly say “why would you even?” Or “ just go without “ .. yea cool but some alchemists are gonna get high somehow or another and some people aren’t as financial or lucky enough to buy and grow all the time. So yea enough ranting and let’s down to the sticky gritty.

Here’s a few methods and pointers I find most effective and less annhialating for cannabis reclaim smoking(dregs, resin, black tar,)..

Collecting:

Bongs: generally I only collect the buildup from the metal stem. If you don’t smoke much chances are it’s gonna be watery black slime. And that’s still ok but you won’t get as high or collect as much quantity. Usually it produces a more dirty taste and smell, can give you a dirty high and overall shit feeling.

If you do smoke a reasonable amount you will notice the buildup in the stem is much more thicker and clay like. Now that my friends.. is potentially whats gonna gets you 70% +120% as stoned as what you have been getting off normal heads (to my honest personal and social experience.)

Cone pieces. Homies in the struggle! I cannot insist more but too use the black buildup in your cone pieces!! Chop it up really fine and mix it with another herb to burn it properly you will get a mid grade semi a grade hashish stone. But it needs to be burned properly, not just ripped and sucked through like a normal cone, think about it.. it’s compressed, takes longer to burn.

Pipes: usually paper clips and diy little makeshift tools to collect the dryer sticky buildups in pipes and peace pipes all together. Also another strong version on the recycled cannabis variety! I find direct sunlight for around 30 mins can really make all the difference when smoking pipe resin. I smoke tobbaco with cannabis so I would just mix enough in there to help it burn but not dominate the reclaim, and that’s chopping it all up together so the sticky stuff binds to the dry plant matter and sorta makes a better burn.

Drying: now there’s many ways to go about this and I’ll share from my experiences the most effective methods to do so!

All natural: my favourite! After collecting your slump of magic bong feces, put it in a nice sunny spot in a bowl. Every 30 mins or so chop it up until it gets wet again and then repeat until you have a sort of waxy dry crumbly finish. Don’t over dry it. Something about overdrying and underdrying that will affect your stoned level in the end but the more dry it is the less harsh and unbearable it is, your best to work out what you’d prefer in the end. So yea now you have sun dried goodies all crumbled up your ready to go. (Probably the most safest and best way to keep all the goodness in your product).

Art paper: okay so you’ve now realised your eyes are white again and something doesn’t feel right. You’ve ran outta herb and it’s 12:30am, your dealers in bed and you gotta get high fast. Grab that a4 art paper and tear it into half. Once again I smoke spin so once I’ve collected all my black stem goop I will put it onto some baking paper then fold the halves into halves and compress the resin between them while the baking paper protects one side of our resin pattie we just made. Use a rolling pin if u have one, now undo it all carefully and you will notice a shiny black disc of resin stuck to your paper. You will need to carefully scrape this off and you will notice the paper coming off with it but don’t be too alarmed as I don’t find it to affect the taste or my body in general, now chop it all up again and repeat the process until your confident you can’t get much more moisture out, also it might be best to use a fresh par of a4 for the second compression processes as the already used paper will fall apart more freely at this point and possibly ruin your end result. again I smoke with spin so I add my spin after each compression to help chop it up finer so it dries allot more and helps it burn. I’m pretty certain also that smoking raw resin is way more difficult to achieve an even burn and vaporise the thc and other leftover cannabinoids, so yea unless you get a pack of metal mesh screens from your smoke shop and use them as a way to hold the raw resin and not get clogged etc..

Spoon and flame.

The notorious most common way to get quickly dry out your bong mud. You get the idea. But make sure to constantly keep chopping and turning your product while it’s steaming off. Literally you want to steam off the moisture not boil it off.. remember you can destroy valuable cannabinoids quite easily! So yea don’t hold the flame to close or direct. I find jet lighters from a distance to be a more sensible option than normal lighters because of the carbon buildup under the spoon, very deterring. Also cutting a coke can in half and using the concurved side facing up is a great little contraptions you can put your dregs on the top of the can, cut a “garage door” into it and light a little candle to go into it to slowly steam off all that shit tasting moisture. As again remember to constantly turn and crumble the product up to evaporate as much moisture as possible without destroying the high.

Added notes: just thought I’d point out that my guesstimation on the reclaim being 70% to 120% just as good as your heads will vary on how much you clean your piece. How you smoke ( wheather you smash cones quick and fast or slowly bake each cone before pulling it through) your piece itself (pipe, bong etc..) and also the amount of pot you have smoked through it.

Sometimes and many other people can confirm this that the dregs get you more stoned than the bud. I think that’s because if your a big smoker all the decarboxilated weed getting sucked down the stem is slowly just compacting and the oils are building up. So many factors. But yea I’m measuring that ratio on the quality of your bud. If you got shit bud don’t expect much from the dregs. If you got some decent stuff or a grade then your gonna get pretty stoned off the reclaim if you do it right regardless. I hope I fired up the gears for some people to come up with some better ways to make the most out of their reclaim and reduce the risks involved! Namaste.

I quit for about 2 years once. Then started again by just getting wasted every night from all the build up in my grinder. I have done similar with scraping bongs and pipes. I couldn't believe how many weeks I got baked every night and it was just from crud. And you're right. I was probably more stonned than from the real bud I eventually started buying again.

not me.....imo i think its a more of a placebo effect,

how much thc would really be in this crud? sfa, if any, me thinks!

reclaiming kief from grinder would do the job but.

I have a feeling the oils from the bud just drip on through the conepiece each time we smoke and mix into the stem resin so yea it can vary really. I’m not completely sure as to how you smoke and how long you collect resin for haha. Last night I did the art paper method and got super stoned, only smoked a gram yesterday and the high lasted from 9:00am until around 7pm (good stuff) and then scraped out my stem. I was way more high last night then what I was off good heads! I do know the placebo effect your talking about and from my own experiences I only get that when I’m either already heaps stoned off bud or I haven’t dried out the dregs properly and I’m only burning 60% of what I packed. It’s a yucky asphyxiation kinda high With that extra dirty taste of steamed chemicals