Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

Hey Kloud, Blumats can actually help alot with watering issues... it keeps soil at optimum moisture levels, taking the guess work out of it. Tad Hussey did a trial at Gold Leaf and found 15% productivity increase using Blumats. Saves alot of time too! They can be fiddly though if u arent used to them and do require keen attention when first setting them up to avoid floods or drought 

Here's a first time grower having a great run with some autos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B35zt08hfE8/?igshid=1iixplzuo416z

He had a rocky start from overwatering... swore he was not overwatering, turned out he was. In containers, I like to do fortnightly neem kelp teas. Half cup neem and 1/4 cup kelp meals bubbled in 20L water for 24 hours. Strain, foliar and water the soil. An amazing biostimulant, pest repellent, botanical tea. Costs hardly anything to make and use.

• Upvote 1

Also, you might find this relevant Billy, here's someone growing in my soil, all same batch, same size containers, watering schedule etc. Check out the dark green plants, then look at the one yellowing in the back. That's a genetic senescence... not sure if it's what you experienced though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3sfWwIhAR2/?igshid=nff6xaao7w8g

Hey Dng.

I have recently completed an indoor grow with your soil.

I used 45L bags.

Unfortunately, the soil was not enough to get the plants right through to harvest in my opinion.  A lot of leaves yellowed and dropped off from around half way through flower.  I resisted the temptation to feed them anything, as the taste of the previous outdoor grow (in your soil) is fucken magic and did not want to risk screwing with that.

I have another grow at the moment, again, all in you soil, one of the plants is actually in the same soil i used outdoors earlier this year.

At only two weeks in to flower there is already one plant that has started to become lighter than the others.  Again, this is in 45L pots.  In addition to your soil, I added around 2L of worm castings a small handful of kelp meal and a nice layer of sugar cane mulch.

I have also recently acquired blumats, so once i get them installed, watering cannot be the issue, not that i think it has been, I have always watered slowly and with very minimal run off, if any at all.

makes me smile when growers experience living soils "  as the taste of the previous outdoor grow (in your soil) is fucken magic " for most there ain't no going back

it's like people saying home grown fruit & veg tastes better than store brought , i reckon that's true but the difference you notice with canna in living soil vs hydro is 

home grown X 100

could be many reasons why you experienced early yellowing bill , i would say bigger the soil volume the better when hand watering cos it can be really unstable moister

wise in smaller pots , watering systems can def help smaller pots go a little further but i'd say nothing like volume 

" I Like Big Pots & I Can Not Lie , You Other Brothers Can"t Deny " lol  

once we're in a living soil & plants get to run there natural systems , consumption of soil resources by the plant can be quite full on 

but i have no idea why early yellowing occurred in your grow , it's not your first go at growing canna so in many ways i would say

trust your gut , in saying that growing this way is a different beast & does take some finessing keeping a soil active & alive 

you just run the gauntlet in smaller pots imho , you can def do small pots & hand watering we've all done it with bottled nutrients , 

but if you can go bigger bill would be better all round , more room for living mulch which sounds counter-intuitive = more 

roots more water consumption , to an extent that's sort of true but you need to keep in mind those plants are feeding soil organisms 

they are adding to the moisture content while keeping lots of good guys in place while there leaves help trap soil moister from evaporating  

hang in there bill it's worth it 

• Upvote 3