Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

Bacteria naturally dominates... You want to see 10 to 20% fungi in a field of view... Same with protozoa and nematodes and thousands of bacteria. I would start to worry if you only see 1 or 2 organisms. That means something is out of wack... Sorry, rambling about microscope soil food web stuff might be a little boring lol

i wouldn't discount the anaerobes , i have the recipe for grokashi & use it quite a bit in normal pots & sips

below sips & grokashi , bacterial hyphae

post-50689-0-52631700-1547170904_thumb.jpg post-50689-0-91287100-1547170930_thumb.jpg

below sip grown indoors

SSS Yorker post-50689-0-44162900-1547171236_thumb.jpg SSS Zombie Disco post-50689-0-03278000-1547171269_thumb.jpg

grokashi used with some tomato starts & peat pellets 

post-50689-0-98203300-1547171030_thumb.jpg post-50689-0-74068000-1547171086_thumb.jpg

Edited by itchybromusic

i wouldn't discount the anaerobes , i have the recipe for grokashi & use it quite a bit in normal pots & sips

below sips & grokashi , bacterial hyphae

attachicon.gif016.JPG attachicon.gif017.JPG

below sip grown indoors

SSS Yorker attachicon.gifYorker01.JPG SSS Zombie Disco attachicon.gifzd.JPG

grokashi used with some tomato starts & peat pellets

attachicon.gif001.JPG attachicon.gif002.JPG

I havent delved into ferments yet. I've seen impressive results from gardeners applying KNF techniques though so theres another wormhole to get stuck in lol Edited by DoNothingGarden

I havent delved into ferments yet. I've seen impressive results from gardeners applying KNF techniques though so theres another wormhole to get stuck in lol

Beautiful plants! That mycelium is crazy. Yeah as I mentioned when it comes to biology, the more diversity the better.

Edited by DoNothingGarden

Beautiful plants! That mycelium is crazy. Yeah as I mentioned when it comes to biology, the more diversity the better.

yeah the good thing with grokashi is it gives about 10days of all the minerals to help with nutrient density 

i have only dipped my toe into ferments myself , made my own lacto but tend to buy it more so than make it 

& making the grokashi , that's about it 

• Upvote 1

Lovely.

sounds very close to my own.

I'm sure me and many others would be keen to try.

Agree on the castings. So big bio castings are used? Says on your website out mix on their compound, somfair to assume?

Not trying to be critical, those big bio castings are top top quality I hear.

I have even tried to get some locally but not in stock and postage is killer on em.

Cheers

I het mine locally here in SA. Do a gumtree search in tanunda. Could possible help with postage through toll

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Theu do castings, worms and worm juice. They have had all tested for nutritional conte t and happy to give u the results

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks, we have our own supplier for worm castings right here, no shipping needed. Super high quality. Appreciate it... Lucky for u that u have access to castings locally too!

• Upvote 1

I feed my worms a lot of apple scraps and peel among other things. Recently been going crazy testing anything and everythings ph. I notice the worm casting run off is always more Alkaline in mine. I would have thought apples would be acidic? Also my compost is usually high. Should I throw in some citrus?

I love to have a bit of everything in my compost even the odd dead bird or two. I spend more time on my soil and compost than on my plants these days but it's fun and when that improves the plants will naturally I guess. Having problems recently with germination, keep damping off, I'm worse now than I ever was so I've put it all on hold until I improve coz I'm wasting all my seeds.

My Yorkers were the worst itchy. Can u give me any tips? I couldn't get mine past sprout. Used up all of them. Only thing I've had success with was my own strain which had a double affie mother and bag seed father but it's nice smoke.

I just wanted more variety in my new soil but all I have is the one clone ready to go in it. I never was good with seedlings.

Could all my soil be infected or what? First I had fungus nats and now damping off every little stem I get. Tried sphagnum, tried coir and perlite, gone back to my own seedling mix now which is a mix of compost and castings prop sand sphagnum etc. Hopefully things will improve.